Media Makers Speaker Series
Due Thursday, September 20th @11:59pm
Last Name First MI
City State Zip
Phone (1) (2)
Gender: I identify as .
Race: I am .
I am in grade.
The YAC will meet Mondays from 5:00-6:30 and Wednesdays from 4:00-5:30. Please confirm that you are available these days by writing "Yes":
The rest of the application can be completed by writing a short paragraph on each question or by submitting a link to a private online video (use password-protected youtube or vimeo) of you answering these questions out loud. If you’re submitting a video, please paste its link here and then scroll to the bottom of the page and click “Submit”:
My application video link:
My application video password:
Otherwise, continue and respond with a paragraph or two for each question:
1. Please explain your other extra-curricular commitments for the year and explain how you will have the time and energy to make the YAC one of your biggest priorities this year.
2. Why do you want to be on the YAC?
3. The YAC collaborates on many projects together. What is your own definition of a “good team member”?
4. The YAC is made up of youth from Atherton, East Palo Alto, Palo Alto, and Menlo Park. How are you prepared to be supportive and respectful of youth different from you?
5. What kinds of questions about the world are you currently thinking about?
6. What kind of changes would you like to make in your community?
7. Why is learning to produce your own media interesting to you?
8. Why is learning to critically analyze other people’s media interesting to you?
9. How do you want to grow as a youth leader this year?