September 10th, 2018
Call to Order
Special Orders of the Day
2. Update From State Legislative Lobbyists on State Legislation
3. 980 Middlefield Road [18PLN-00129]: Request for Prescreening of a Proposal to Amend the Existing Planned Community (PC) 2152 Zoning in Order to Change the Allowed use From Mortuary to a Private Club or Similar use (STAFF REQUESTS THIS ITEM BE CONTINUED TO OCTOBER 1, 2018).
Agenda Changes, Additions and Deletions
City Manager Comments
6. QUASI-JUDICIAL. 567 Maybell: Recommendation by the Palo Alto Historical Association for a new Street Name for a new 16-unit Subdivision, (Tract No. 10434). Environmental Assessment: Section 15061(b)(3) not Subject to California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA). Zoning Districts: Two-family Residential (R-2) and Low Density Multiple-family Residence RM-15.
7. Approval of an Agreement With Santa Clara Valley Water District, in the Amount of $227,000, for Concrete Channel Lining Repair Along Matadero Creek; and Approval of a $227,000 Water Fund Operating Budget Amendment.
8. Policy and Services Committee Recommendation to Adopt an Ordinance Adding Sections 2.30.620 Through 2.30.690 to Title 2 of the Administrative Code to Establish Criteria and Procedures for Protecting Personal Privacy When Considering the Acquisition and use of Surveillance Technologies, and Provide for Ongoing Monitoring and Reporting.
11. SECOND READING: Adoption of an Ordinance Adding Chapter 10.62 to Title 10 (Vehicles and Traffic) of the Municipal Code to Regulate Unnecessary Idling of Vehicles (Continued From April 2, 2018 and June 12, 2018) (FIRST READING: July 30, 2018 PASSED: 9-0).
12. SECOND READING: Adoption of an Ordinance Amending Chapter 9.68 (Rental Housing Stabilization) of Title 9 (Public Peace, Morals, and Safety) of the Palo Alto Municipal Code to Require Relocation Assistance for No-fault Eviction for Multifamily Housing Developments Containing 50 or More Rental Units (FIRST READING: August 27, 2018 PASSED 7-1 Tanaka no, Fine Absent). – CONTINUED TO SEPTEMBER 17, 2018.
13A. SECOND READING: Adoption of an Ordinance to Amend the Contract Between the Board of Administration of the California Public Employees’ Retirement System (CalPERS) and the City of Palo Alto to Implement the Share of Employer Contribution in Accordance With Section 20516 of the California Government Code (FIRST READING: August 20, 2018 PASSED: 9-0). – MOVED FROM CONSENT
State/Federal Legislation Update/Action
Council Member Questions, Comments and Announcements