April 16th, 2018
Call to Order
Special Orders of the Day
Agenda Changes, Additions and Deletions
City Manager Comments
4. Adoption of a Resolution Authorizing the City Manager or his Designee to Sign a Related Agreements for Transportation Projects and Adoption a Resolution for SB 1 Fiscal Year 2019 Project List for Capital Improvement Program Project PE-13011, Charleston-Arastradero Corridor Project.
5. Approval of Three Contracts With: 1) Delta Dental for Dental Claim Administration; 2) Vision Service Plan for Vision Claim Administration and Fully Insured Vision Plan; 3) Life Insurance Company of North America (CIGNA) for Underwriting of the City of Palo Alto’s Group Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D), and Long Term Disability Insurance (LTD) Plans for Three Years for Each Contract.
6. Approve and Authorize the City Manager or his Designee to Execute the Contract With AECOM in the Railroad Grade Separation and Safety Improvements Project (PL17001) in an Amount Not-to-Exceed $1,278,660 for Planning, Community Engagement, Engineering, and Environmental Analysis Services Related to Railroad Grade Separations (the “Connecting Palo Alto” Program), Subject to Authorization of Individual Task Orders When Funding is Available.
8A. Approve and Authorize the City Manager or his Designee to Execute the Contract With AECOM in the Railroad Grade Separation and Safety Improvements Project (PL17001) in an Amount Not-to-Exceed $1,278,660 for Planning, Community Engagement, Engineering, and Environmental Analysis Services Related to Railroad Grade Separations (the “Connecting Palo Alto” Program), Subject to Authorization of Individual Task Orders When Funding is Available.
9. PUBLIC HEARING: Adoption of an Ordinance (1) Amending Chapter 4.64 (Permits for Retailers of Tobacco Products) of the Municipal Code to Allow Fees to be set by Ordinance; and (2) Amending the Fiscal Year 2018 Municipal Fee Schedule to add an Application and Permit Fee for the Tobacco Retailer Permit Program.
10. PUBLIC HEARING: Staff Requests Council: (1) Approve a Golf Management Agreement and Restaurant License Agreement With OB Sports for 39 Months in an Amount Not-to-Exceed $9,008,000; (2) Approve a Budget Amendment in the General Fund; (3) Adopt an Ordinance Amending the Fiscal Year 2018 Municipal Fee Schedule to Amend Golf Fees; (4) Amend the Management Agreement and a Lease With Brad Lozares to Increase the Not-to-Exceed Amount by $40,000 and Amend Both Terms to end April 17, 2018; (5) Amend the Lease With Hee King Bistro to Waive Lease and Utilities Payments of $45,633 and Authorize Buy-back of Inventory/Liquor License Not-to-Exceed $48,311.
11. Adoption of a Resolution Authorizing the Issuance and Sale of Taxable Certificate of Participation (COP) Bonds Not-to-Exceed $9.8 Million to: (1) Finance the Golf Course Reconstruction; and (2) Refinance the 2002 Downtown Parking Improvement COP Bonds; Approving, Authorizing and Directing the Execution of Certain Lease Financing Documents; Approving a Preliminary Official Statement; and Authorizing and Directing Certain Actions With Respect Thereto.
AT THIS TIME COUNCIL WILL TEMPORARILY ADJOURN AND CONVENE AS THE PALO ALTO PUBLIC IMPROVEMENT CORPORATION, THEN RECONVENE AS THE CITY COUNCIL
12. PUBLIC HEARING: Adoption of an Ordinance Amending Palo Alto Municipal Code (PAMC) Chapter 18.40 (General Standards and Exceptions) of Title 18 (Zoning) to add a new Section Imposing an Annual Office Limit and Setting Forth Related Regulations, and to Repeal the Respective Regulations From Chapter 18.85 (Interim Zoning Ordinances). The Proposed Ordinance Will Perpetuate the Existing Annual Limit of 50,000 Square Feet of new Office/R&D Development per Year With Modifications Regarding; the Review Process, Unallocated Area Rollover Provisions, and Exemptions. The Planning & Transportation Commission Recommended Approval of the Ordinance on February 14, 2018. This Ordinance is Within the Scope of the Comprehensive Plan Environmental Impact Report (EIR) Certified and Adopted on November 13, 2017 by Council Resolution No. 9720 – POSTPONED TO APRIL 30TH, 2018
State/Federal Legislation Update/Action
Council Member Questions, Comments and Announcements