May 21st, 2018
Call to Order
Special Orders of the Day
- Appointment of one Candidate to an Unexpired Term on the Historic Resources Board Ending December 15, 2019, one Candidate to an Unexpired Term on the Human Relations Commission (HRC) Ending May 31, 2020, and Three Candidates to HRC for Three-year Terms Ending May 31, 2021.
Agenda Changes, Additions and Deletions
City Manager Comments
3. Approval of a Construction Contract With Los Loza Landscaping in an Amount Not-to-Exceed $429,195 to Repair and Replace Brick Pathways and Install Replacement Pathway Lighting at the Lucie Stern Community Center and Approve a Budget Amendments in the General Fund and the Capital Improvement Fund.
4. Adoption of a Resolution Adopting a Mitigated Negative Declaration and Related Mitigation Monitoring and Reporting Program; and Approval of a Design for the Construction of a new Outfall Pipeline to Convey Treated Effluent From the RWQCP Through the Palo Alto Airport to Discharge Into an Unnamed Slough in the Baylands.
5. SECOND READING: Adoption of an Ordinance Amending Palo Alto Municipal Code (PAMC) Chapter 18.40 (General Standards and Exceptions) of Title 18 (Zoning) to add a new Section Imposing an Annual Office Limit and Setting Forth Related Regulations, and to Repeal the Respective Regulations From Chapter 18.85 (Interim Zoning Ordinances). This Ordinance is Within the Scope of the Comprehensive Plan Environmental Impact Report (EIR) Certified and Adopted on November 13, 2017 by Council Resolution No. 9720 (FIRST READING: April 30, 2018 PASSED: 5-4 DuBois, Fine, Holman, Kou no).
6. PUBLIC HEARING / QUASI-JUDICIAL: The City Council Will Consider Appeals of the Planning and Community Environment Director’s Decision to Approve Eleven (11) Tier 3 Wireless Communication Facility Permits to Establish Small Cell Wireless Communication Antennas and Equipment on Utility Poles in the Public Right of Way Near the Following Addresses: Node #129: CPAU Pole# 3121 (Near 2490 Louis Road, APN 127-30-062), Node #130: CPAU Pole #2461 (Near 2802 Louis Road, APN 127-28-046), Node #131: CPAU Pole #3315 (Near 891 Elbridge Way, APN 127-26-067), Node #133E: CPAU Pole #2856 (Near 949 Loma Verde, APN 127-24-020), Node #134: CPAU Pole #2964 (Near 3409 Kenneth Dr., APN 127-09-028), Node #135: CPAU Pole # 3610 (Near 795 Stone Ln., APN 127-47-001), Node #137: CPAU Pole #3351 (Near 3090 Ross Rd., APN 127-52- 031), Node #138: CPAU Pole #2479 (Near 836 Colorado Ave., APN 127-27-063), Node #143: CPAU Pole #3867 (Near 419 El Verano Ave., APN 132-15-017), Node #144: CPAU Pole #1506 (Near 201 Loma Verde Ave., APN 132-48-015), Node #145: CPAU Pole #3288 (Near 737 Loma Verde Ave., APN 127-64-039) Environmental Assessment: Exempt Pursuant to California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) Class 3, Guidelines Section 15303.
7. Approval of: (1) a Construction Contract With O’Grady Paving, Inc. in the Amount of $4,336,298 for the Charleston-Arastradero Corridor Project – Phase 1, Capital Improvement Project PE-13011; (2) Construction Contract With O’Grady Paving, Inc. Contractor in the Amount of $4,434,347 for the Charleston-Arastradero Corridor Project Phase 2, Capital Improvement Project PE-13011; (3) Contract Amendment Number 2 to Contract C14150694 With Mark Thomas & Company in the Amount of $145,419; (4) General Services Contract With TrafficWare Group, LLC. in the Amount of $181,287 for Purchase of SynchoGreen Adaptive Traffic Control System for Charleston-Arastradero Corridor Project, Capital Improvement Project PE-13011; and (5) Budget Amendments in the Capital Improvement Fund, Charleston/Arastradero Transportation Impact Fee Fund, and Storm Drain Fund.
State/Federal Legislation Update/Action
Council Member Questions, Comments and Announcements