Aspiring and experienced media producers can find classes to increase their skills at the Media Center. Hardware, software, and production values are covered by experienced instructors in a relaxed environment. We highly recommend that you start with our free hour-long Orientation session.
STAN NG PRESENTS: WHY DOES MY VIDEO SOUND BAD?
• How can I get rid of that annoying echo when recording in a gym?
• How do I conduct an interview in the middle of a noisy street event?
• What is a “line out” at an staged event, and why is it so important to me?
• What is that hum, and how do I get rid of it?
• When should I use a lavaliere mic? Or a boom, a handheld? Why use a cardioid mic?
If you’ve ever gotten bad audio in your video recordings, you’re not alone. We’ve all been there. Stan Ng will share what he’s learned since being a part of Zoom In.
Tuesday, April 24, 7 pm, Upstairs
Free, $2 donation suggested; no biggy
RSVPs appreciated: email@example.com
Stan Ng began volunteering at Midpen in 2006, never having used a video camera, video editor, or a quality microphone before then. Today, he has close to hundred short film credits to his name, in camera and sound departments. He has done film sound recording and postproduction sound design for short films for several years as part of the Scary Cow film cooperative. A staff contractor at Midpen, Stan is a founding team member of Zoom In. Stan recently left a career at Intel to devote himself to video production work.
(Mobility issues? Let us know! We’ve got ya covered!)
|Tuesday, Apr 24, 2018||7 pm|