MENLO PARK CITY COUNCIL: 2006 On-Demand Webcast Archives
July 18th, 2006
A. ROLL CALL/PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE/COMMISSION VACANCIES, APPOINTMENTS AND REPORTS/PUBLIC COMMENT #1 Commission Vacancies, Appointments and Reports:
1. Swearing in of a new Environmental Quality Commissioner.
2. There are two vacancies on the Las Pulgas Committee to fill two un-expired terms that expire March 2009. One vacancy is for a business member seat and one is for a rental owner seat. The extended deadline is Monday, July 31, 2006 at 5:30 p.m.
3. There is one vacancy on the Environmental Quality Commission to fill one expired term that ends August 2006. The new term will run until August 2010. The deadline for receipt of applications is Tuesday, August 15, 2006 at 5:30 p.m.
4. Commission Reports.
B. CONSENT CALENDAR Consent Calendar:
1. Waiver of the reading and adoption of ordinances amending the Zoning Ordinance to establish the R-1-U (LM) single-family urban residential (Lorelei Manor) zoning district and rezoning the Lorelei Manor neighborhood from R-1-U single family urban residential to the R-1-U (LM) district. (Staff Report #06-116)
2. Authorize the Public Works Director to accept work for the Menlo Childrenıs Center Project. (Staff Report #06-117)
3. Adoption of a resolution designating the Mayor as the voting delegate, a voting alternate and a second voting delegate for the 2006 League of California Cities Annual Conference. (Staff Report #06-118)
4. Approval of a resolution authorizing the City of Menlo Park to become a member of a countywide sub-region consortium with the purpose of locally administering the Association of Bay Area Governmentıs (ABAG) regional housing needs allocation process. (Staff Report #06-119)
C. PUBLIC HEARINGS Public Hearings:
1. Adoption of a resolution overruling protests, ordering the improvements, confirming the diagram, and ordering the levy and collection of assessments at the existing fee rates for the Sidewalk Assessment and a three percent increase for the Tree Assessment for the City of Menlo Park Landscaping Assessment District for Fiscal Year 2006-07. (Staff Report #06-120)
2. Adoption of a resolution approving the final report of the City Manager regarding unpaid garbage collection fees for Fiscal Year 2006-07 and approving the placement of unpaid single-family garbage service fees on the 2006-07 property tax roll. (Staff Report #06-121)
3. Adoption of a resolution authorizing collection of a regulatory fee at existing rates to implement the local City of Menlo Park Storm Water Management Program for Fiscal Year 2006-07. (Staff Report #06-122)
D. REGULAR BUSINESS Regular Business:
1. Consideration of an advisory ballot measure to gauge public support for construction of sports fields at Bayfront Park. (Staff Report #06-124)
E. REGULAR BUSINESS cont./PUBLIC COMMENT #2/ADJOURNMENT Regular Business:
2. Review of Community Opinion Research regarding a possible tax measure and direction to staff. (Staff Report #06-123)
By a vote of 5-0, the City Council voted to adjourn the Regular meeting of July 18, 2006, to continue as an Adjourned Regular Meeting in the Council Chambers at 4:30pm on Wednesday, July 19, 2006.
3. Consideration of state and federal legislative items including decisions to support or oppose any such legislation, and items listed under Written Communication or Information Items.