The Media Center features an exciting work environment for those who bring initiative, people-skills, and a passion for building community.
PART-TIME SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
Knowledge and Proficiency of Computer Systems Administration
* Administer Windows, Mac and Linux desktop/server systems
* Configure and manage Windows Server (Including Domain Server) and NAS
* Establish and manage backup strategies
Knowledge and Proficiency of Network Administration
* Thorough understanding of network concepts, e.g. VLANs, QoS, etc.
* Configure Managed Network Switches (HP & Cisco) and Router/Firewalls (Zeroshell)
* Experience with Video Streaming and VOIP
Experience/Interest in Audio/Video systems:
* Video server and playout equipment
* Live production equipment
* Post-production applications (Adobe Creative Cloud, Apple Final Cut X)
* Video transcoding tools
Ability and willingness to learn unfamiliar systems
Strong verbal and technical writing skills
Attention to detail
Send cover letter and resume to Chris Pearce <firstname.lastname@example.org>. Write “Systems Admin” in the subject field.
MIdpen Media is an equal opportunity employer committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity, inclusion, respect, integrity, innovation, and excellence in service to our members and the community.
The Midpeninsula Community Media Center is the Public, Educational and Government (PEG) Access station operating Channels 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, and 75 on Comcast’s cable system, serving Palo Alto, East Palo Alto, Menlo Park, Atherton and parts of San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties, and available in the Bay Area through Channel 99 on AT&T U-verse.