May 19th, 2016
Call to Order / Roll Call
Agenda Changes, Additions, and Deletions
City Official Reports
3. 1700 Embarcadero Road [15PLN-00394]: Continued from May 5, 2016. Request by Deeg Snyder, on behalf of Jones Palo Alto Real Property, LLC for a Major Architectural Review to demolish the existing approximately 18,000 square feet building and construct a new approximately 62,000 square feet building for an automobile dealership. The application includes Design Enhancement Exception requests to allow deviation from the 10 feet build-to-line from Embarcadero Road and Bayshore Road. A request to apply the Automobile Dealership (AD) zoning overlay is also being considered separately by the Planning and Transportation Commission. Environmental Assessment: Initial Study/ Mitigated Negative Declaration. Zoning District: CS (D) Service Commercial and Site Design Review Combining District. For more information, contact Sheldon Ah Sing at SAhsing@m-group.us
4. 901-909 High Street [14PLN-00116]: Continued from March 17, 2016. Request by Peter Ko, Ko Architects, Inc., on behalf of Bettencourt & Santana for Architectural Review by both the Architectural Review Board and the Historic Resources Board for a 18,413 square foot mixed use building with retail, office and 14 residential units on a vacant 20,288 square foot lot in the South of First Area. Environmental Assessment: Mitigated Negative Declaration. Zoning District: RT-35 (Residential Transition District). For more information, contact Margaret Netto at email@example.com To be continued by staff to a date uncertain. New notices will be sent.
5. 429 University Avenue [14PLN-00222]: To Consider an Appeal of the Director of Planning and Community Environment’s Architectural Review Approval of a 31,407 Square-Foot, Four Story, Mixed Use Building With Parking Facilities on Two Subterranean Levels on an 11,000 Square-Foot Site. Environmental Assessment: Mitigated Negative Declaration. Zoning District: Downtown Commercial (CD-C (GF)(P)) District. For more information, contact Christy Fong at Christy.firstname.lastname@example.org To be continued by applicant to June 16, 2016.
6. 1925 Embarcadero Road [16PLN-00145]: Request by the City of Palo Alto Public Works, Airport Division, for the replacement of existing perimeter fencing at the City of Palo Alto Airport with new fencing and gates that meet Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) standards for security and safety. environmental Assessment: Exempt from the provisions of CEQA per 15302 (Replacement or Reconstruction). Zoning District: Public Facility with Combining District Overlay PF (D). For more information, contact Claire Hodgkins at Claire.email@example.com
7. 355 University Avenue [15PLN-00237]: Request by Hayes Group Architects, on behalf of Palo Alto Masonic Temple Association, for Architectural Review, Historic Review, and Seismic Rehabilitation Floor Area Bonus for a new facade and signage, new second story with outdoor rooftop patio area, and interior modifications at 355 University Avenue, and a new facade and site improvements to the groundfloor and adjacent public alley at 461 Florence Street for Design Within Reach. The project requests approval of a seismic rehabilitation floor area bonus for the addition of the new second story. Environmental Assessment: Categorically exempt per CEQA Guideline Section 15301 (Existing Facilities), Section 15304 (Minor Alterations to Land), and Section 15311 (Accessory Structures). Zoning District: Downtown Commercial (CD-C(GF)(P)). For more information, contact Rebecca Atkinson at Rebecca.firstname.lastname@example.org
Approval of Minutes
8. May 5, 2016
Board Member Questions, Comments or Announcements