March 1st, 2018
Call to Order / Roll Call
Agenda Changes, Additions, and Deletions
City Official Reports
1. Transmittal of 1) the ARB Meeting Schedule and Attendance Record, 2),Administrative Staff-Level Architectural Review Approvals
2. CONSENT/QUASI-JUDICIAL: 500 Pasteur Drive (17PLN-00226): Stanford Hospital Entry Plaza Modifications. Request for a Minor Architectural Review to Allow for Modifications to the Entry Plaza at the New Stanford Hospital. Modifications Include Re-conceptualization of the Previously Approved Central Fountain. Environmental Assessment: Certified Environmental Impact Report for the Stanford University Medical Center Facilities Renewal and Replacement Project (City Council Resolution No 9168). Zone District: HD (Hospital District). For More Information Contact Project Planner Rebecca Atkinson at Rebecca.Atkinson@cityofpalo.org
3. PUBLIC HEARING: 350 Sherman Avenue [17PLN-00257]: Review and Recommendation to Council of an Architectural Review Application for Construction of a New Four-Story Parking Structure, Photo-Voltaic Rooftop Panel Structure and Two Below Grade Parking Levels to Provide 636 Public Parking Spaces on an Existing Public Parking Lot Within the California Avenue Business District. The Project Includes a Request for Amendments to Palo Alto Municipal Code Chapter 18.28 to Modify Public Facilities Zone Development and Parking Standards for Parking and Essential Services Facilities in the Downtown and California Avenue Business District, Recommended for Council Approval by the Planning and Transportation Commission on January 31, 2018. Environmental Assessment: A Draft Environmental Impact Report (EIR) was published January 8, 2018 for Public Comments Through February 22, 2018 and a Final EIR Will be Prepared. Zone District: PF; Public Facilities. For More Information Contact Chief Planning Official Amy French email@example.com.
4. PUBLIC HEARING/QUASI-JUDICIAL: 1451 Middlefield Road [18PLN-00042]: Modification to a Previously Approved Architectural Review Application to Change the Roof Material for the recently Approved Junior Museum and Zoo Building. Environmental Assessment: Council Adopted a Mitigated Negative Declaration for the Junior Museum and Zoo in December 2017. The Proposed Project Does not Result in any new or More Significant Impacts Beyond What was Previously Assessed in the Initial Study. Zone District: Public Facilities. For More Information Contact Amy French, Chief Planning Official, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. PUBLIC HEARING/QUASI-JUDICIAL: 3045 Park Boulevard [17PLN-00073]: Recommendation on Applicant’s Request for Approval of a Major Architectural Review to Allow Demolition of an Existing Office Building and Construction of a New Two-Story Approximately 29,200 Square Foot Research and Development Building. Environmental Assessment: An Initial Study/Mitigated Negative Declaration was Circulated for Public Comment From February 23, 2018 to March 26, 2018. Zoning District: GM (AD) (General Manufacturing with Automobile Dealership Combing District).
6. PUBLIC HEARING/QUASI-JUDICIAL: 392 California Avenue [17PLN-00088]: Recommendation on Applicant’s Request for Approval of a Minor Architectural Review to Allow Changes to the Facade of an Existing Commercial Building in the California Avenue Business District. The Facade Changes Include a new Storefront Window System, an Individually Illuminated Channel Letter Sign, and a New Custom Abstract Mural by Artist Victor Reyes. Environmental Assessment: Exempt From the Provisions of the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) in Accordance With Guideline Section 15301 (Existing Facilities) and 15311 (Accessory Structures). Zoning District: CC(2)(R)(P) (Community Commercial). For More Information Contact the Project Planner Scott McKay at Scott.Mckay@CityofPaloAlto.org.
Approval of Minutes
7. Draft Architectural Review Board Meeting Minutes for February 1, 2018
8. Draft Architectural Review Board Meeting Minutes for December 21, 2017
9. Draft Architectural Review Board Meeting Minutes for January 18, 2018
Board Member Questions, Comments or Announcements