June 6th, 2019
Call to Order / Roll Call
Agenda Changes, Additions, and Deletions
City Official Reports
- Transmittal of 1) the ARB Meeting Schedule and Attendance Record, and 2) Tentative Future Agenda Items.
2. PUBLIC HEARING / QUASI-JUDICIAL. 1700 & 1730 Embarcadero Road [18PLN-00186]: Recommendation on Applicant’s Request for Approval of a Site and Design Review, and Design Enhancement Exception to Allow the Demolition of an Existing 18,000 Square Foot Vacant Restaurant Building and a 15,700 Square Foot Audi Service Building and the Construction of a Two-Story 84,900 Square Foot Automobile Dealership That Combines two Brands (Mercedes/Audi). The Applicant has Also Requested Zoning Amendment to Change the Zoning of the Site From CS(D) and PC to CS(D)(AD), and Design Enhancement Exception (DEE) for Build-to-Line Setbacks. Environmental Assessment: An Initial Study/Mitigated Negative Declaration was Circulated for Public Comment From March 15, 2019 to April 22, 2019. Zoning Districts: CS(D) & PC-4846. For More Information Contact the Project Planner Emily Foley at email@example.com.
3. PUBLIC HEARING / QUASI-JUDICIAL. 375 University Avenue [19PLN-00103]: Recommendation on Applicant’s Request for Approval of a Major Architectural Review to Allow the Renovation of an Existing Approximately 13,000 Square Foot Restaurant Building (Former Cheesecake Factory). Environmental Assessment: Exempt From the Provisions of the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) in Accordance With Guideline Section 15301 (Existing Facilities). Zoning District: CD-C (GF)(P) (Downtown Commercial With Ground Floor Retail and Pedestrian Overlays). For More Information Contact the Project Planner Sheldon Ah Sing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Approval of Minutes
4. Draft Architectural Review Board Meeting Minutes for April 4, 2019.
5. Draft Architectural Review Board Meeting Minutes for April 18, 2019.
6. 180 El Camino Real [18PLN-00265]: Subcommittee Review of a Previously Approved Project That was Conditioned to Return With Project Changes Related to Increase Pedestrian Pathways, Outdoor Seating, and Reduce Signage Sizes. Environmental Assessment: Exempt from the Provisions of the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) per Guideline Section 15301 (Existing Facilities). Zoning District: CC (Community Commercial District). For More Information Contact the Project Planner Samuel Gutierrez at Samuel.Gutierrez@cityofpaloalto.org.
Board Member Questions, Comments or Announcements