August 27th, 2018
Call to Order
Agenda Changes, Additions and Deletions
City Manager Comments
3. Approval of: 1) Contract Number C19171727 With DeSilva Gates Construction, LP in the Amount of $12,497,319; 2) Amendment Number 3 to Contract Number C15155208B With Mead & Hunt, Inc. in the Amount of $1,345,644; and 3) Amendment Number 6 to Contract Number C15155208A With C&S Engineers, Inc. in the Amount of $373,451 for Phase II of the Airport Apron Reconstruction Capital Improvements Program Project AP-16000; Adoption of a Resolution Authorizing the City Manager to Execute Future Grant Agreements Offered by the California Department of Transportation for Airport Improvement Program Matching Grant Funds for Apron Reconstruction at the Palo Alto Airport, and Authorizing the City Manager to Execute Supporting Documents or Contracts Associated With the Application and Acceptance of Said Grant Funds; Approval of a Budget Amendment in the Airport Enterprise Fund; and Approval of Findings That the Proposed Project is Exempt From Environmental Review Under California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) Guidelines 15301 and 15302 and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Order 1050.1F.
4. THIS ITEM HAS BEEN REMOVED AND WILL BE HEARD AT A LATER DATE
5. Vote to Endorse the Slate of Candidates for the Peninsula Division’s Executive Committee for 2018-19 and Direct the City Clerk to Forward to Seth Miller, the Regional Public Affairs Manager for the Peninsula Division, League of California Cities the Completed Ballot for the City of Palo Alto.
6. Acceptance of the 2018 Zero Waste Plan; Direction to Staff to Develop a Proposed Contract Extension to the Current Refuse Hauling and Processing Contract With GreenWaste of Palo Alto to Implement the New Zero Waste Plan; and Direction to Staff to Prepare a Request for Proposal (RFP) for Related Refuse Services.
8. Consideration and Adoption of an Ordinance and Emergency Ordinance Amending Chapter 9.68 of the Municipal Code to Require, for Multifamily Housing Developments of 50 Units or More: Relocation Assistance for No-fault Evictions or Cause for Eviction and Relocation Assistance for No-fault Evictions.
10. PUBLIC HEARING: Adoption of an Ordinance Amending Palo Alto Municipal Code (PAMC) Section 18.42.040 Related to Accessory and Junior Accessory Dwelling Units (ADU/JADU) to Clarify or Modify Various Provisions Including Setback Requirements for Detached ADU Basements, Allowance for Setback and Daylight Plane Encroachments for Detached ADUs, Bonus Lot Coverage and Floor Area Eligibility, Bonus Floor Area Amount to Match Minimum Unit Size as Established by Building Code, Reduced Height Limit for Detached ADUs Located Within Identified Eichler Tracts, Replacement Parking Provisions as Applicable to JADUs, Allowance for Replacement Parking to be Located Within Driveways Located in Street-side Setbacks, Allowance for Existing Driveways to be Expanded to Accommodate Replacement Parking, Allowance for Noncomplying Structures to be Rebuilt as Part of Conversion to ADU, and Applicable Zoning Districts That Allow ADU Development; Finding the Ordinance Exempt From Review Under the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) Pursuant to CEQA Guidelines Section 15061(b)(3); and Discussion of Other Potential ADU-related Regulations. The Planning & Transportation Commission Recommended Adoption of the Ordinance.
State/Federal Legislation Update/Action
11. Appointment of Cory Wolbach as Alternate Board Member to the Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority Board of Directors.
Council Member Questions, Comments and Announcements