August 20th, 2018
Call to Order
- PUBLIC EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE EVALUATION Title: City Attorney, City Auditor, City Clerk, City Manager Authority: Government Code Section 54957 (b).
Agenda Changes, Additions and Deletions
City Manager Comments
1. Approval of Contract Number C18171695 With Kone, Inc. in an Amount Not-to-Exceed $687,760 for the Modernization of the two Elevators Located at the Cowper/Webster, Lot J, Parking Garage, Funded in the Capital Improvement Project PF-18000.
6. Approval of Amendment Number 5 to the Palo Alto-Stanford Fire Protection Agreement With the Board of Trustees of the Leland Stanford Junior University Extending the Term to June 30, 2018 for an Additional fee of $6,773,624.
7. Approval of Agreements Between the City of Palo Alto and the Board of Trustees of the Leland Stanford Junior University: 1) Agreement for Fire Protection Services to Stanford University for the Period July 1, 2018 – June 30, 2023; and 2) Settlement Agreement for Overpayment Claim by Stanford University Regarding Fire Protection Services.
9. Adoption of: (1) a Resolution of Intent; and (2) an Ordinance to Amend the Contract Between the Board of Administration of the California Public Employees’ Retirement System (CalPERS) and the City of Palo Alto to Implement the Share of Employer Contribution in Accordance With Section 20516 of the California Government Code and the Compensation Plan Between the City of Palo Alto and the Management and Professional Personnel and Council Appointees.
10. PUBLIC HEARING/QUASI-JUDICIAL: Consideration of the Appeal of the Planning and Community Environment Director’s Decision to Approve the Architectural Review Application for 620 Emerson Street (17PLN-00331) to Allow Demolition of an Existing Single Story Building and Construction of a new Two-story 4,063 Square Foot Commercial Building for the Expansion of Nobu Restaurant. The Project Includes Replacement of Three On-site Parking Spaces With Five In-lieu Spaces in the Downtown Parking Assessment District. Environmental Assessment: Exempt From the Provisions of the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) per Guideline Section 15303 (New Construction) Zoning District: CD-C(GF)(P) (Downtown Commercial) (Continued From June 4, 2018).
State/Federal Legislation Update/Action
Council Member Questions, Comments and Announcements