September 17th, 2018
Call to Order
- CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATORS City Designated Representatives: City Manager and his Designees Pursuant to Merit System Rules and Regulations (James Keene, Ed Shikada, Kiely Nose, Rumi Portillo, Sandra Blanch, Nicholas Raisch, Molly Stump, Terence Howzell, and Michelle Flaherty) Employee Organizations: 1) Service Employees International Union, (SEIU) Local 521; 2) Palo Alto Fire Chiefs’ Association (FCA); 3) International Association of Fire Fighters (IAFF), Local 1319; 4) Utilities Management Professional Association of Palo Alto (UMPAPA); and 5) Palo Alto Police Managers’ Association (PAPMA) Authority: Government Code Section 54957.6(a).
Special Orders of the Day
3. Recognition of Businesses Participating in the Clean Water Action “Rethink Disposable” Program
Agenda Changes, Additions and Deletions
4. Study Session on Airplane Noise
THIS ITEM IS CONTINUED TO A DATE UNCERTAIN
5. Request for a Pre-screening of a Proposal to Rezone the Property at
788 San Antonio Road From Service Commercial (CS) to Multiple Family Residential (RM-40) THIS ITEM IS CONTINUED TO A DATE UNCERTAIN
City Manager Comments
9. Approval of Amendment Number 1 to Contract Number C16161210 With Shah Kawasaki Architects, Inc., in an Amount Not-to-Exceed $97,626 to Provide Continued Construction Administration and LEED Certification Services for Fire Station 3 Replacement Project (PE15003), for a new Total Not-to-Exceed Amount of $696,678, and to Extend the Term Through May 17, 2019.
10. Adoption of an Ordinance Amending Chapter 9.68 (Rental Housing Stabilization) of Title 9 (Public Peace, Morals, and Safety) of the Palo Alto Municipal Code to Require Relocation Assistance for No-fault Eviction for Multifamily Housing Developments Containing 50 or More Rental Units, Either on SECOND READING of the Ordinance Adopted on FIRST READING on August 27, 2018 (PASSED 7-1 Tanaka no, Fine absent), or on FIRST READING of a Modified Ordinance on the Same Topic (REMOVED FROM CONSENT on SEPTEMBER 10, 2018).
State/Federal Legislation Update/Action
Council Member Questions, Comments and Announcements