October 15th, 2018
Call to Order
- Joint Study Session With the Palo Alto Youth Council.
2. CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL – ANTICIPATED LITIGATION
Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(2) and (e)(1) Five Potential Cases
3. Request for a Pre-screening of a Proposal to Rezone the Property at 788 San Antonio Road From Service Commercial (CS) to Multiple-Family Residential (RM-40) and to Redevelop the Site With a Four-story, Approximately 53,000 Square Foot, 54-unit (Including Eight Below Market Rate Units) Residential Project and a Below-grade Parking Garage. Environmental Assessment: Not a Project; any Subsequent Formal Application Would be Subject to the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) (Continued From September 17, 2018).
Agenda Changes, Additions and Deletions
City Manager Comments
4. Approval of Contract Number C18170648 With Salas O’Brien in the Total Amount Not-to-Exceed $267,872 to Provide Design Services for the Medium Voltage Electrical Distribution Network (12kV Loop) Rehabilitation (WQ-80021) at the Regional Water Quality Control Plant.
6. Approval and Authorization for the City Manager to Execute the Electric Overhead Construction Services Contract Number C19172366 With Hot Line Construction, Inc. for a Total Not-to-Exceed Amount of $4,500,000 Over Three Years.
7. Approval of the Primary Sedimentation Tanks Rehabilitation and Equipment Room Electrical Upgrade Project Preliminary Design, Capital Improvement Program Project WQ-14003, at the Regional Water Quality Control Plant; and Finding the Project Exempt Under the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) Guidelines Sections 15301(b) and (e)(1).
10. Adoption of an Ordinance Amending Chapter 4.62 (Citywide Minimum Wage) of the Palo Alto Municipal Code to Correct and Clarify That the First Consumer Price Index (CPI) Adjustment to the Minimum Wage Will Occur in 2020.
11. Authorization to Increase Legal Services Agreement With the Law Firm of Conrad & Metlitzky, LLP in the Amount of $180,000 for a Total Not-to-Exceed Amount of $265,000 for Litigation Defense Services.
12. Approval of a Professional Services Contract With the Municipal Resource Group (MRG) for Transportation Support Services, Operational Review, and Staff Coaching in an Amount Not-to-Exceed $150,000 Through December 30, 2021; and to Amend the FY 2019 Budget Appropriation to Decrease the Non-departmental Budget by $150,000 and to Increase the Transportation Division Budget by $150,000.
13. QUASI-JUDICIAL: 567 Maybell Avenue [15PLN-00248]: Adoption of a Resolution Authorizing the City Manager to Execute an Agreement Regarding Applicant’s Request for Deferral of Affordable Housing In-lieu Fees for a Project That Includes the Development of 16 Single-family Homes. Environmental Assessment: Not a Project. Zoning Districts R-2 and RM-15.
14. Approval of Contract Number C19173185 With Siemens Industry, Inc. in an Amount of $1,600,753 for the Colorado Power Station Transformer Replacement; Authorization to Negotiate and Execute Related Change Orders in the Amount of $240,113, for a Total Not-toExceed Amount of $1,840,866, and Approval of an Electric Capital Improvement Fund Budget Amendment.
15. Approval of a Proposed Grocery Store Related to Planned Community Ordinance Number 5069 (College Terrace Centre) Based on the Finding That the Proposed Grocery Tenant Would Likely be Comparable in Quality of Produce and Services as JJ&F as it Existed and Operated on December 7, 2009 at 2180 El Camino Real.
15A. QUASI-JUDICIAL: 567 Maybell Avenue [15PLN-00248]: Adoption of a Resolution Authorizing the City Manager to Execute an Agreement Regarding Applicant’s Request for Deferral of Affordable Housing In-lieu Fees for a Project That Includes the Development of 16 Single-family Homes. Environmental Assessment: Not a Project. Zoning Districts R-2 and RM-15. – MOVED FROM CONSENT
16. Adoption of a Resolution Authorizing the Delivery and Sale of Certificates of Participation (COPs) in a Principal Amount Not-to-Exceed $50 Million to Finance the Construction of the California Avenue Parking Garage; Declaring the Intention to Reimburse Expenditures Related to the California Avenue Parking Garage From Proceeds of the COPs; Approving, Authorizing and Directing the Execution of Certain Lease Financing Documents; Approving a Preliminary Official Statement; and Authorizing and Directing Certain Related Actions.
AT THIS TIME COUNCIL WILL TEMPORARILY ADJOURN AND CONVENE AS THE PUBLIC IMPROVEMENT CORPORATION, THEN RECONVENE AS THE CITY COUNCIL
Call to Order
- Adoption of a Resolution Approving, Authorizing, and Directing Execution of Certain Lease Financing Documents and Authorizing and Directing Certain Actions with Respect Thereto.
State/Federal Legislation Update/Action
Council Member Questions, Comments and Announcements