October 19th, 2020
Call to Order
1. CONFERENCE WITH CITY ATTORNEY- EXISTING LITIGATION Subject: Julio Arevalo v. City of Palo Alto, et al. United States District Court, Northern District of California, Case No. 5:20-cv-04157-CRB Authority: Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(1).
1A. CONFERENCE WITH CITY ATTORNEY-EXISTING LITIGATION Subject: Gasque v. City of Palo Alto, Santa Clara County Superior Court, Case No. 20CV370681 Authority: Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(1).
Agenda Changes, and Deletions
3. Approve and Authorize the City Manager or Designee to Execute Professional Services Agreement, Contract Number C21179544, With Kinectrics AES, Inc. in an Amount Not-to-Exceed $310,000 for the Electric Substation Grounding Design Capital Improvement Project EL-89044; and Authorization to Negotiate and Execute Related Change Orders in the Amount of $31,000 for a Total Not-to-Exceed Amount of $341,000.
4. Approval of Professional Services Contract Number C21179272 With BKF Engineers in the Amount of $289,786 for Land Surveying Services Including $14,750 for Additional Services, for a Total Not-to-Exceed Amount of $304,536.
5. Approval of two Recommended Modifications to the Small Business Grant Program: 1) New Grant Amounts of $5,000, and 2) Limiting Eligibility to Currently Operating Businesses; and a Budget Amendment in the General Fund.
6. Approval and Authorization for the City Manager to Execute Amendment Number 1 to the Electric Enterprise Fund Contract Number C20177717 With Wire Wrangler, LLC, dba TW Power Line Construction, for the Caltrain Facility Relocation Project (EL-17007) and Wood Pole Replacement Project (EL-19004), to Increase the Authorization to Negotiate and Execute Related Change Orders by $110,000 to Cover COVID-19 Expenditures, for a Total Not-to-Exceed Amount of $2,207,049.
7. Approval of the Acceptance and Appropriation of the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) CARES Act Grant and Approval of a Budget Amendment (Requires 2/3 Approval) for General Fund Operating Budget in the Community Services Department and the Library Services Department.
City Manager Comments
8. Preliminary Q1 Fiscal Year (FY) 2021 Financial Status Discussion and Potential Direction to Staff on Budget Revisions, Staffing Revisions, and Next Steps in Monitoring, Modeling, and Addressing Recovery Planning Approaches.
9. Consideration of Recommendations by the City Council Ad Hoc on Boards, Commissions and Committees (BCCs), Including Adopting a Handbook, Establishing Training, and Direction on Further Changes Including Term Limits and Reducing the Parks and Recreation Commission to Five Members.
Council Member Questions, Comments and Announcements