October 21st, 2019
Call to Order
1. CONFERENCE WITH CITY ATTORNEY Existing Litigation – 1 Matter Authority: Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(1) Eileen Staats v. City of Palo Alto Santa Clara County Superior Court, Case No. 1:15-cv-284956.
1A. CONFERENCE WITH CITY ATTORNEY- ANTICIPATED LITIGATION Authority: Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(2) and (e)(1) Multiple Potential Cases, as Defendant – Potential Inclusion of Human Resources and Equal Employment Opportunity Matters in Scope of Police Auditing and Reporting Services.
2. Joint Study Session With the Human Relations Commission
Agenda Changes, Additions and Deletions
City Manager Comments
3. Approval of Action Minutes for the September 23 and October 7, 2019 Council Meetings
4. Approval of Contract Number C20175282 With Anderson Pacific Engineering Construction, Inc., in the Total Amount of $2,029,000 to Construct the Secondary Clarifiers No. 4 and No. 6 Mechanisms Replacement Project at the Regional Water Quality Control Plant – Capital Improvement Program Project (WQ-19002); and Authorization for the City Manager to Negotiate and Execute Change Orders for a Total Not-to-Exceed $202,900. Q&A
5. Approval of Amendment Number 2 to Contract Number C18171717 With Perkins+Will, Amending the Scope of Services, Extending the Term, and Increasing Maximum Compensation by $368,758 for a Total Not-to-Exceed Amount of $1,137,826; and Approval of a Budget Amendment in the General Fund.
6. Approval of Amendment Number 1 to Contract Number C19173514 With SP Plus, to add $150,000 for Expansion of the Valet Parking Program to California Avenue Parking Facilities and a Total Not-toExceed Amount of $1,050,000. Q&A
7. Approval of Fiscal Year 2019 Re-appropriation Requests to be Carried Forward Into Fiscal Year 2020, and Budget Amendments in Various Funds. Q&A
8. Adoption of a Resolution Approving the Process for Executing Resource Adequacy Capacity Purchases and Sales; Approving Standard Form Resource Adequacy Confirmation Letters; and Delegating Authority to the City Manager to Execute Resource Adequacy Purchases and Sales Under Established Guidelines.
9. Adoption of a Resolution Amending Utilities Rules and Regulations 2 (Description and Abbreviations), 3 (Description of Utility Services), 4 (Application of Service), 7 (Deposits), 8 (Access to Premises), 9 (Disconnection, Termination and Restoration of Service), 13 (Shortage of Supply and Interruption of Service), 15 (Metering), 16 (Line Extension), 18 (Utility Service and Facilities on Customer Premises), 20 (Special Electric Utility Regulations), 21 (Special Water Utility Regulations), 22 (Special Gas Utility Regulations), 23 (Special Wastewater Utility Regulations), 24 (Special Refuse Service Regulations), 25 (Special Storm and Surface Water Drainage Utility Regulations), and 29 (Net Energy Metering Service, Billing and Interconnection).
10. PUBLIC HEARING: Adoption of a Resolution Establishing a new Residential Preferential Parking (RPP) Program in the Old Palo Alto Neighborhood; Approval of Amendments to Contract Number C15156501 With SP Plus for Permit Processing With Increased Compensation of $6,000, and Contract Number C15156763 With Serco, Inc. for Parking Enforcement to add Services for the Old Palo Alto RPP District With Increased Compensation of $35,070.40; and Approval of a Budget Amendment in the Residential Parking Permit Fund.
State/Federal Legislation Update/Action
Council Member Questions, Comments and Announcements
11. CAO PUBLIC EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE EVALUATION Title: City Attorney Authority: Government Code Section 54957 (b).