October 24th, 2022
Call to Order
SPECIAL ORDERS OF THE DAY
1. Appreciation for Joe Simitian, Santa Clara County Supervisor, for Advocacy on Behalf of the Palo Alto Community for affordable housing and support for mental health, and services to unhoused Palo Altans (including the $4 Million Challenge Grant in Support of Palo Alto Homekey).
2. The Great California Shakeout
3. Crime Mitigation Strategies through the Use of Automated License Plate Recognition (ALPR) Technology.
Agenda Changes, Additions and Deletions
4. Approval of Contract Amendment No. Two with GovernmentJobs.com, Inc. dba Neogov for Recruiting and Onboarding Services, to Extend the Term through June 30, 2025, Add Services, and Increase Compensation by an Amount Not-To-Exceed $249,883 for a New Contract Total Not-To-Exceed Amount of $411,323.
5. Adoption of a Resolution Authorizing a City Application for the State Permanent Local Housing Allocation (PLHA) Funds and Authorization of City Manager or Designee to Manage the Allocation.
6. Approval of Fiscal Year 2022 Reappropriation Requests to be Carried Forward Into Fiscal Year 2023 and Budget Amendments in Various Funds.
7. Approval of a Professional Services Agreement Contract Number C23185658 With BKF Engineers for the Amount of $900,000 Over a 3- year Term for On-Call Surveying and Design Support Services Supplemental Report Added.
8. Approve the Parks and Recreation Commission Recommendation for a New Skate Park; Authorize the Friends of Palo Alto Parks to begin Fundraising; and Direct Staff to Support Outreach Supplemental Report Added.
City Manager Comments
9. PUBLIC HEARING: Staff Recommend the City Council Review the North Ventura Coordinated Area Plan (NVCAP) Refined Preferred Alternative, Take Public Comment, and Endorse the Refined Preferred Alternative Plan.
10. Review and Provide Direction to Staff on the Draft Permanent Parklet Program Standards and Policies; Adopt an Interim Ordinance and Resolution to Continue the Pilot Parklet Program and Other On-Street Uses During Transition Period; and Direct Staff to Return with Legislation Implementing a Permanent Parklet Program.
COUNCIL MEMBER QUESTIONS, COMMENTS, ANNOUNCEMENTS