October 29th, 2018
Call to Order
- CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL – ANTICIPATED LITIGATION
Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(2) and (e)(1) Five Potential Cases
Agenda Changes, Additions and Deletions
City Manager Comments
3. Approval of the Sale of Transferable Development Rights From City Owned Avenidas and College Terrace Buildings to Selected Qualified Buyers; Disbursement of the Sale Proceeds; and Approval of a Budget Amendment in the Community Center Impact Fund.
5. SECOND READING: Adoption of an Ordinance Amending Chapter 4.62 (Citywide Minimum Wage) of the Palo Alto Municipal Code to Correct and Clarify That the First Consumer Price Index (CPI) Adjustment to the Minimum Wage Will Occur in 2020 (FIRST READING: October 15, 2018 PASSED: 8-0 Kniss Absent).
6. QUASI-JUDICIAL: 3743 Redwood Circle [17PLN-00272]: Consideration of an Appeal of the Director’s Individual Review Approval of a new Two-story, Single Family Home. Environmental Assessment: Exempt From the Provisions of the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) in Accordance With Guideline Section 15303 (New Construction). Zoning District: R-1 (Single Family Residential).
7. Approval of the Acceptance and Appropriation of State of California Citizens Options for Public Safety (COPS) Funds. MEMO – STAFF REQUESTS THIS ITEM BE PULLED
8. Approval of the Agreement Between the City of Palo Alto and Racing Hearts, a Nonprofit Corporation. MEMO – STAFF REQUESTS THIS ITEM BE PULLED
9. TEFRA HEARING: Regarding Conduit Financing for the Lytton Gardens Apartments Project Located at 656 Lytton Avenue, Palo Alto, and Approving the Issuance of Revenue Bonds by the California Municipal Finance Authority for the Purpose of the Acquisition, Rehabilitation, Improvement, and Equipping of Lytton Gardens Apartments.
10. Direct Staff to Amend Budget Assumptions for Pension Benefit Costs and Complete the Workplans to Address the City Council Fiscal Year (FY) 2019 Adopted Budget Referral to Identify $4 Million in General Fund Savings.
11. Adoption of an Ordinance Amending the Municipal Code and Adoption of Amendments to Council Procedures and Protocols to Conform to a Seven-member Council; Discussion and Direction to Staff or Referral to the Policy and Services Committee of Additional Discretionary Changes to the Code and/or Council Procedures and Protocols. – MEMO
State/Federal Legislation Update/Action
Council Member Questions, Comments and Announcements