October 18th, 2021
Call to Order
2. CONFERENCE WITH CITY ATTORNEY-EXISTING LITIGATION Subject: Hamilton and High, LLC, The Keenan Family Trust, et al. v. City of Palo Alto, et al. Santa Clara County Superior Court Case No. 20CV366967 Authority: Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(1).
Special Orders of the Day
1. The Great California Shake Out
Agenda Changes, and Deletions
3. Approval of Minutes from October 4, 2021
4. Adoption of an Ordinance and Resolution to Extend the Temporary Outdoor Encroachment Permit Program for Dining, Retail, and Other Uses, Including the Parklet Pilot Program, until June 30, 2022.
5. Approval of Funding Allocations for the Second Round of Human Services Resource Allocation Process Funding for FY 2022 in the Amount of $200,000 and Authorize the City Manager to Execute Contracts with the Nine Recipient Organizations.
6. Review and Approve a Fire Department Ambulance Subscription Program: 1) Adopt Ordinance to Establish Program and Fees, and 2) Approval of a Budget Amendment in the General Fund.
7. Approval of Facility Interior Finishes Replacement Purchase as Approved in the CIF With Pivot Interiors in the Amount of $349,545 Project PF-02022.
8. Adoption of a Park Improvement Ordinance for Renovations, Expansion and New Amenities at John Boulware Park as Recommended by the Parks and Recreation Commission.
9. Review and Approval of the Annual Williamson Act Contract Renewals Within Palo Alto City Limits (2021).
10. Approval of Fiscal Year 2021 Reappropriation Requests to be Carried Forward Into Fiscal Year 2022 and Budget Amendments in Various Funds.
11. Approval of Contract Number C21181420 with West Coast Arborists, Inc. for a Total Not-to-Exceed Amount of $3,765,380 Over a ThreeYear Term for Tree Pruning and Removal Services.
City Manager Comments
12. Approval of Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) Contract with Sensus USA Inc. in the Amount of $15,283,218; and Authorization for the City Manager to Negotiate and Execute Change Orders up to a Not-to-Exceed Amount of $1,484,000, for a Total Contract Amount Not-to-Exceed $16,767,218; Approval of Amendment No. 2 with E Source in an Amount Not-to-Exceed $1,339,947 for Phase 3 AMI Consulting; and 3) Adoption of a Resolution to Transfer up to $18,900,000 from the Electric Special Project Reserves to the Smart Grid Technology Installation Project EL-11014.
13. Consideration of Policy and Services Committee Recommendations to Council on the Updates to Title 8 of Municipal Code (Tree Protection), Expanding the Role of the Parks & Recreation Commission, and Elevating the Position of Urban Forester.
14. PUBLIC HEARING: Discussion of an Updated Commercial Linkage Fee Feasibility Study and Adoption of an Ordinance Amending the City’s Fiscal Year (FY) 2022 Municipal Fee Schedule to Adjust the Affordable Housing Commercial Impact Fee; the Current Fee is $39.50 per Square Foot ($20.37 / Square Foot for Hotels).
Council Member Questions, Comments and Announcements