October 4th, 2021
Call to Order
Agenda Changes, and Deletions
1. Approval of Minutes from August 30, 2021 City Council Meeting
2. Request for Authorization to Amend the Existing Agreement for Litigation Defense Services with the Law Firm of Jarvis, Fay & Gibson (Contract S15159508) to Extend the Term to June 30, 2022.
3. Approval of a Budget Amendment (Requires 2/3 Approval) for General Fund Operating Budget in Community Services Department Implementing a Grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) Museums for America Grant Awarded to the Palo Alto Art Center Foundation to Support Creative Attention Initiative at the Palo Alto Art Center.
4. Approval of an Exemption to Competitive Solicitation and Change Order No. 1 to Existing Contract C20172366A With Hotline Construction, Inc. for Additional Underground Construction and Emergency Construction On-call Services, Increasing the Contract Amount by $6,800,000 for a new Not-to-Exceed Amount of $11,300,000; and Approve a Budget Amendment in the Electric Fund.
5. Approval of Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) Contract with Sensus USA Inc. in the Amount of $15,283,218; and Authorization for the City Manager to Negotiate and Execute Change Orders up to a Not-to-Exceed Amount of $1,484,000, for a Total Contract Amount Not-to-Exceed $16,767,218; Approval of Amendment No. 2 with E Source in an Amount Not-to-Exceed $1,339,947 for Phase 3 AMI Consulting; and 3) Adoption of a Resolution to Transfer up to $18,900,000 from the Electric Special Project Reserves to the Smart Grid Technology Installation Project EL-11014.
6. Approval of Construction Contract Number C22181780 with Roofing Constructors, Inc. in the Amount Not-to-Exceed $362,713 to Replace the Existing F & FH Wing Roofs at Cubberley Community Center, Capital Improvement Program Project CB-16002; and Authorization of Contract Contingency in an Amount Not-to-Exceed $36,271 for Related, Additional but Unforeseen Work Which May Develop During the Project.
City Manager Comments – NONE
7. Update from the Palo Alto Advisory Committee on Early Care & Education (PAACECE) on recent Assessment of Local Families, Effect of COVID on Child Care providers and plans to address identified needs, including the Approval of Budget Amendments in the General Fund and the Child Care Trust Fund to Implement the PAACECE’s Annual Work Plan.
8. 922 College Avenue [20PLN-00104]: Request for Review of a Parcel Map with Exceptions to Adjust Lot Lines for Two Substandard Parcels to Facilitate the Redevelopment and Sale of Two Homes. Environmental Assessment: Exempt. Zoning District: R-1 (Single Family Residential).
AA1. Public Hearing: Adoption of Two Ordinances Implementing the Objective Standards Project, Including:1) New Chapter 18.24, Objective Design Standards, to Replace Existing Context-Based Design Criteria; 2) Modifications to Affordable Housing (AH) and Workforce Housing (WH) Overlay Districts to Eliminate the Legislative Process; 3) Expansion of Affordable Housing (AH) and Housing Incentive Program (HIP) to PTOD-Eligible Properties; 4) Changes to Remove Inconsistencies and Redundancies, and Streamline Project Review Throughout Title 18 Chapters.
9. Adopt an Ordinance Amending Palo Alto Municipal Code Title 10 (Parking) to Allow Virtual Parking Permits and Update Definitions and Procedures; and Direct Staff to Implement Virtual Parking Permits in a Phased Approach.
Council Member Questions, Comments and Announcements