November 16th, 2020
Call to Order
Agenda Changes, and Deletions
2. Approval of Construction Contract Number C20177933 With Automated Solutions Group, Inc. in the Amount of $313,417 for the Cubberley Building Management Systems Project, Capital Improvement Program Project (CB-19001).
3. Approval of Contract Number C20175026 With JC Decaux San Francisco, LLC in the Amount of $1,053,924 for a Five-year Term to Provide the Rental and Servicing of two Automatic Public Toilets; and Approval of a Fiscal Year 2021 Budget Amendment in the General Fund.
4. Adoption of two Resolutions for the Santa Clara County Historical Heritage Grant Program: 1) Authorizing the Application and Receipt of Grant Funds by the Museum of American Heritage (MOAH) for Roof Repair/Replacement at the Williams House (351 Homer Ave); and 2) By the City of Palo Alto for the Roth Building (300 Homer Ave) Roof and Frescoes Rehabilitation.
6. QUASI-JUDICIAL. 2100 El Camino Real/501 Oxford (College Terrace Centre) [20PLN-00247]: Approval of a Proposed Grocery Store Pursuant to PC Ordinance Number 5069. Environmental Assessment: Exempt per California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) Section 15301 (Existing Facilities). Zoning District: Planned Community (PC-5069).
7. SECOND READING: Adoption of an Ordinance Amending Chapters 9.64 (Regulation of Community Facilities) and 22.04 (Parks and Recreation Building Use and Regulations) of the Palo Alto Municipal Code to Open Foothills Park to the General Public and to Amend or Delete Outdated and Duplicative Code Language (FIRST READING: November 2, 2020 Passed: 5-2 Kou, Tanaka no).
City Manager Comments
8. Direction on the City of Palo Alto’s Race and Equity Work Including: 1) Adoption of a Mission Statement; 2) Direction on Police Data Collection, Alternative Response Resources, Use of Force Reporting, Future Labor Agreement Negotiations; 3) Citywide Workforce Assessment; and 4) Organization of Future Work.
9. PUBLIC HEARING / QUASI-JUDICIAL / LEGISLATIVE. 788 San Antonio Road [19PLN-00079]: The City Council Will Consider: 1) Adoption of a Resolution Certifying a Final Environmental Impact Report (EIR), Making California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) Findings Including a Statement of Overriding Considerations, and Adopting a Mitigation Monitoring and Reporting Plan; 2) Adoption of a Resolution Amending the Comprehensive Plan; 3) Adoption of a Zoning Ordinance: a) Expanding the Housing Incentive Program to San Antonio Road, and b) Amending Definition of Gross Floor Area and Amending Retail Preservation for Housing; 4) Approval of a Tentative Map for a Condominium Subdivision; 5) Approval of a Variance to a Special Setback; and 6) Approval of Major Architectural Review for 102 Dwelling Units, a 1,800 Square Foot Commercial Space and two Basement Levels of Parking (Continued From November 9, 2020).
10. Update and Discussion on the Regional Housing Needs Allocation (RHNA) Process and Direction to Staff Regarding the City’s Response to the Proposed RHNA Methodology, Including Preparation of a Formal Comment Letter (CONTINUED FROM NOVEMBER 9, 2020).
Council Member Questions, Comments and Announcements