November 18th, 2019
Call to Order
1. CONFERENCE WITH CITY ATTORNEY-EXISTING LITIGATION Subject: Gustavo Alvarez v. City of Palo Alto, et al. United States District Court, Northern District of California, Case No. 5:19-cv-02328-NC Authority: Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(1).
Agenda Changes, Additions and Deletions
City Manager Comments
3. Approval of Contract Number C20176139 With Precision Engineering, Inc. in the Amount of $2,040,841 for Wastewater Collection System Rehabilitation/Augmentation Project 29 (WC-16001) in the Charleston Meadows Neighborhood; and Authorization for the City Manager to Negotiate and Execute Related Change Orders Not-to-Exceed $204,084, for a Total Not-to-Exceed Amount of $2,244,925.
4. Approval of Amendment Number 4 to Contract Number S17166441 With Page and Turnbull for Historic Planning On-call Services to Extend the Contract Term to October 2021 and Increase the Contract Limit by $50,000 for a Total Not-to-Exceed Amount of $134,500. Q&A
5. Approval of Amendment Number 3 to Contract Number C14152163 With Townsend Public Affairs for State Legislative Advocacy to Extend the Term for two Additional Years and add $204,000 for a Total Not-to-Exceed Amount of $799,000. Q&A
6. Policy and Services Committee Recommends the City Council Accept Status Updates of Audit Recommendations on: 1) Electric Substructure Contract Oversight, 2) the Cross Bore Inspection Contract, and 3) Water Meter Billing Accuracy.
7. Adoption of a Resolution Authorizing City Participation in the California Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Project (CALeVIP) to Obtain $1 Million in Grant Funding for Electric Vehicle Charger Rebates and to Provide $1 Million in Additional Matching Funds for Electric Vehicle Charger Rebates; and Authorizing the City Manager or City Manager Designee to Execute Implementing Agreements and Documents for Participation in the Project. Q&A
8. Approval of a Blanket Purchase Order With TMT Enterprises, Inc. for Construction Material/Debris Hauling and Disposal Services in a Not-to-Exceed Amount of $5,561,930 for a term up to Five Years. Q&A
9. Adoption of two Resolutions to Execute Clean a Water State Revolving Fund (SRF) Financial Assistance Application and Agreement if Awarded; and to Designate the Amount of Project Expenditures to be Reimbursed by SRF Proceeds for the Advanced Water Purification System, 1 MGD Project, at the Regional Water Quality Control Plant (WQ-19003).
11. Approval of Modification to the 1050 Page Mill Road Mitigation Monitoring Program to Extend the Time for Completion of Traffic Mitigation Measures for Intersection Improvements on Page Mill Road at Hanover Street and Hansen Way to Allow Coordination With County Proposed Improvements. Q&A
12. Approval of Amendment Number 3 to Contract Number C19172281 With Municipal Resource Group (MRG) to Increase the Maximum Compensation by $50,000 for a Total Not-to-Exceed Amount of $250,000 for Transportation Support and Professional Development Services. Q&A
13. Approval of a Budget Amendment in the General Fund for Amendment Number 2 to Contract Number C18171717 With Perkins + Will to Provide Professional Services Related to the Preparation of the North Ventura Coordinated Area Plan (NVCAP).
14. SECOND READING: Adoption of an Ordinance Amending Section 21.20.301 (Flag Lots) of Chapter 21.20 (Design) of Title 20 (Subdivisions and Other Divisions of Land) of the Palo Alto Municipal Code (FIRST READING: October 28, 2019 PASSED: 5-0 DuBois, Filseth Absent).
15. SECOND READING: Adoption of Eight Ordinances That Repeal and Adopt Various Sections of the Palo Alto Municipal Code Related to the 2019 California Building Code Update and Proposed Local Amendments (FIRST READING: November 4, 2019 PASSED: 7-0).
17. Approval of the Addendum to the 2015 Environmental Impact Report for the City of Palo Alto Recycled Water Program; and Approval of an Agreement Between the City of Palo Alto, the City of Mountain View, and the Santa Clara Valley Water District to Advance Resilient Water Reuse Programs in Santa Clara County, Including Funding for an Advanced Water Purification Facility in Palo Alto, a Long-term Transfer of Effluent from the Regional Water Quality Control Plant to Valley Water, and Related Commitments. MEMO
18. Approval of Construction Contract Number C20174550 With Granite Construction Company in the Amount of $13,844,921 for the Highway 101 Pedestrian/Bicycle Overpass Project, Capital Improvement Project (PE-11011); Approval of Contract Number C20185214 With Zoon Engineering in the Amount of $1,704,851 to Provide Construction Management Services; Approval of a Grant Agreement With the County of Santa Clara for Grant Funding; and Approval of a Budget Amendment in the Capital Improvement Fund.
19. Colleagues’ Memo From Council Members DuBois and Kou and Potential Adoption of an Urgency Ordinance to Provide Just Cause Eviction Protections to Tenants Until California State Assembly Bill 1482 Takes Effect on January 1, 2020.
State/Federal Legislation Update/Action
Council Member Questions, Comments and Announcements