November 28th, 2022
Call to Order
Agenda Changes, Additions and Deletions
1. Approve Minutes from the November 7 and November 14, 2022 City Council Meetings.
2. SECOND READING: Adopt an Interim Ordinance to Continue the Pilot Parklet Program and Other On-Street Uses During Transition Period (FIRST READING: October 24, 2022 PASSED 7-0).
3. Adoption of an Ordinance extending the Term of Ordinance No. 5517 by an Additional 18 Months to Expire on June 16, 2024. Ordinance 5517 Amends Title 18 (Zoning) of the Palo Alto Municipal Code to Update Definitions, Broaden Permitted Uses and Provide Limits on Certain Uses through Updates to the Conditional Use Permit Thresholds. Environmental Review: CEQA Exemption 15061(b)(3).
4. Approve an Amendment to the Legal Service Agreement with Colantuono, Highsmith & Whatley, PC (Contract S17167696) to Increase the Contract Amount by an Additional $120,000 for a new Not-to-Exceed Amount of $575,000 and Extend the Term to October 1, 2027.
5. Policy And Services Recommendation Regarding New Council Member Orientation & Onboarding Program.
6. QUASI-JUDICIAL. 419 Palm (14PLN-00410): Consideration to Approve a Building Permit Extension in Accordance With Palo Alto Municipal Code Section 16.04.090. Environmental Analysis: A Mitigated Negative Declaration was Approved on September 2, 2016.
7. Approval of a Purchase Order With National Auto Fleet Group in an Amount Not to Exceed $377,826 for the Purchase of a 2023 Chevrolet G4500 Type III Ambulance, Utilizing a Cooperative Purchase Agreement.
8. Approval of a Purchase Order with Golden State Fire Apparatus in an Amount Not to Exceed $1,168,875 for the Purchase of a 2022 Pierce Enforcer Heavy Duty Rescue, Utilizing a Cooperative Purchase Agreement.
City Manager Comments
9. Review of, and Direction to Staff to Submit, the Draft 2023-31 Housing Element, as Modified, to the State Department of Housing and Community Development for its 90-Day Review. The Planning and Transportation Commission Will Participate in a Joint Meeting With the City Council to Discuss the Draft Housing Element. Environmental Review: This Action is not a Project in Accordance With the CEQA Guidelines.
10. Approval of Amendments to the Employment Agreements between the City of Palo Alto and Council Appointed Officers, specifically the City Manager, City Attorney and City Clerk.
11. Potential Nomination of a Council Member to Serve on the Board of Directors of the Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority (VTA) for a Two-Year Term Beginning January 2023.
COUNCIL MEMBER QUESTIONS, COMMENTS, ANNOUNCEMENTS