January 13th, 2020
Call to Order
Agenda Changes, Additions and Deletions
1. Approval of Action Minutes for the December 9 and 16, 2019 and January 6, 2020 Council Meetings.
2. Adoption of a Park Improvement Ordinance for Renovations and new Amenities at Rinconada Park as Recommended by the Parks and Recreation Commission.
3. Approval of an Exemption From Competitive Solicitation and Approval of Amendment Number 1 to Contract Number C20176003 With Universal Semiconductor Inc. d/b/a Universal Security Company for Security Guard Services, Increasing Maximum Compensation by $425,062 to add These Services at the Regional Water Quality Control Plant, for a Total Not-to-Exceed Amount of $897,344.
4. Policy and Services Committee Recommends the City Council Approve the 2020 Legislative Guidelines and Updated Advocacy Manual.
5. Adoption of a Park Improvement Ordinance for Installation of Electric Utility Equipment at Peers Park as Recommended by the Parks and Recreation Commission.
6. Authorize and Approve an Additional $10.5 Million Loan From the Housing In-lieu and Impact Fee Funds for a Total City Contribution of $20.5 Million for the Development of the 100 Percent Affordable Housing Project at 3705 El Camino Real (Wilton Court); and Approve Budget Amendments in the Residential Housing In-lieu Fund, the Commercial Housing Fund, and the Residential Impact Fee Fund.
City Manager Comments
7. PUBLIC HEARING: Objections to Weed Abatement and Adoption of Resolution Ordering Weed Nuisance Abated.
8. PUBLIC HEARING: Adoption of an Interim Urgency Ordinance to Implement State Legislation Effective January 2020 Regarding Accessory Dwelling Units and Junior Accessory Dwelling Units Amending Palo Alto Municipal Code Title 18 (Zoning) Section 18.04.030 of Chapter 18.04 (Definitions), and Section 18.42.040 (Accessory and Junior Accessory Dwelling Units) of Chapter 18.42 (Standards for Special Uses). Environmental Assessment: Exempt From Review Under the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) Pursuant to Public Resources Code Section 21080.17 and CEQA Guidelines Sections 15061(b)(3), 15282(h), 15301, 15302, and 15305.
9. PUBLIC HEARING: Adoption of Resolutions Establishing a new Priority Development Area (PDA) in Downtown/University Avenue and new Priority Conservation Areas (PCA) in Baylands and Foothills With 3 January 13, 2020 MATERIALS RELATED TO AN ITEM ON THIS AGENDA SUBMITTED TO THE CITY COUNCIL AFTER DISTRIBUTION OF THE AGENDA PACKET ARE AVAILABLE FOR PUBLIC INSPECTION IN THE CITY CLERK’S OFFICE AT PALO ALTO CITY HALL, 250 HAMILTON AVE. DURING NORMAL BUSINESS HOURS. Proposed or Modified Boundaries; and Consideration of Planning and Transportation Commission’s Recommendation for a PDA Designation Along El Camino Real and Other Eligible Areas Citywide. The Application for PDAs and PCAs and the Accompanying Resolution(s) are not a ‘Project’ as Defined by the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and is Exempted From CEQA Review.
10. PUBLIC HEARING: Adoption of an Interim Ordinance Amending Title 18 (Zoning) of the Palo Alto Municipal Code to Temporarily Allow Overnight Safe Parking on Sites in all Zoning Districts With a Church or Religious Institution, Establishing Related Regulations, and Finding the Ordinance Exempt From the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) Under Guidelines Section 15301.
State/Federal Legislation Update/Action
Council Member Questions, Comments and Announcements