November 4th, 2019
Call to Order
Agenda Changes, Additions and Deletions
City Manager Comments
3. Approval of Amendment Number 1 to Contract Number C17166486 With Tanner Pacific, Inc. to Increase Maximum Compensation for a Not-to-Exceed Amount of $2,240,000 for Continued Construction Management Services for the Sludge Dewatering and Loadout Facility Project, Capital Improvement Program Project (WQ-14001). Q&A
4. Approval of Amendment Number 4 to Contract Number S17165080 With Lexington Planning to add $114,440 for a Not-to-Exceed Amount of $230,940 to Continue Work on Reviewing and Modifying Objective Standards for Title 18. Q&A
5. Adoption of a Resolution Approving Project Agreement Number 6 With the Transmission Agency of Northern California and its Participating Members for Regulatory Engagement in Participating Transmission Owner Cases Before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission for an Initial 3-year Term; and Granting the City Manager or his Designee the Authority to Approve Future Operational Amendments to the Agreement.
6. Approval to Execute two Change Orders With Design Space Modular Buildings, Inc. Totaling an Additional $51,300 to Provide Additional Needed Interior Detail and External Foundation Materials, Decking, Skirting, and Related Installation Services for the Animal Shelter Modular Building, for a new Total Not-to-Exceed Amount of $351,300; and Authorization of Additional Change Orders Not-to-Exceed $35,130, Funded From the Animal Shelter Renovation Capital Improvement Program Project (PE-19002).
8. TEFRA HEARING: Regarding Conduit Financing for the Bowman International School Project Located at 4000 Terman Drive, and 693 Arastradero Road, Palo Alto; and Approving the Issuance of Revenue Obligations by the California Enterprise Development Authority for the Purpose of Financing and Refinancing the Cost of the Acquisition, Development, Construction, Installation, Equipping and Furnishing of Various Educational Facilities and Other Matters Relating Thereto.
9A. PUBLIC HEARING: Adoption of Eight Ordinances That Repeal and Adopt Various Sections of the Palo Alto Municipal Code Related to the 2019 California Building Code Update and Proposed Local Amendments; including: (1) Repeal Chapter 15.04 of Title 15 and Adopt a new Chapter 15.04 Incorporating the 2019 California Fire Code With Local Amendments Including Title 24 of the California Code of Regulations (CCR), Part 9; (2) Repeal Chapter 16.04 of Title 16 Related to Various Building Codes and Adopt a new Chapter 16.04 Incorporating the 2019 California Building Code With Local Amendments Including Title 24 of the CCR, Part 2; (3) Repeal Chapter 16.05 of Title 16 Related to the Mechanical Code and Adopt a new Chapter 16.05 Incorporating the 2019 California Mechanical Code With Local Amendments Including Title 24 of the CCR, Part 4; (4) Repeal Chapter 16.06 of Title 16 Related to the Residential Code and Adopt a new Chapter 16.06 Incorporating the 2019 California Residential Code With Local Amendments Including Title 24 of the CCR, Part 2.5; (5) Repeal Chapter 16.08 of Title 16 Related to the Plumbing Code and Adopt a new Chapter 16.08 Incorporating the 2019 California Plumbing Code With Local Amendments Including Title 24 of the CCR, Part 5; (6) Repeal Chapter 16.14 of Title 16 Related to the Green Building Standards and Adopt a new Chapter 16.14 Incorporating the 2019 California Green Building Standards With Local Amendments Including Title 24 of the CCR, Part 11, and Amend Section 16.12.035; (7) Repeal Chapter 16.16 of Title 16 Related to the Electrical Code and Adopt a new Chapter 16.16 Incorporating the 2019 California Electrical Code With Local Amendments Including Title 24 of the CCR, Part 3; (8) Repeal Chapter 16.18 of Title 16 Related to the Swimming and Spa Codes and Adopt a new Chapter 16.18 Incorporating the 2018 International Swimming Pool and Spa Code With Local Amendments. This Project is Exempt Under California Environmental Quality Act
(CEQA) Guidelines Sections 15061(b) and 15308. MEMO
9B. PUBLIC HEARING: Adoption of an Ordinance Repealing Chapter 16.17 of Title 16 (Building Regulations) Related to the California Energy Code and Adopting a new Chapter 16.17 Incorporating the 2019 California Energy Code With Local Amendments and Amendments to Title 24, Chapter 6 of the California Code of Regulations, the Subject Ordinance is Exempt From the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) in Accordance With Guidelines Sections 15061 (b) and 15308.
10. Consideration of a Revenue Generating Ballot Measure Including Review and Approval of Stakeholder Outreach and Initial Polling Framework; Approval of an Exemption From Competitive Solicitation Requirements for Selection of Polling Consultant Fairbank, Maslin, Maullin, Metz & Associates; Approval of an Exemption From Competitive Solicitation Requirements for Contract Number C20177157 With Terris Barnes Walters Boigon Heath Inc., d/b/a TBWB Strategies, for Stakeholder Outreach and Authorization for the City Manager or his Designee to Enter Into This Contract With TBWB Strategies; and Approval of a Budget Amendment in the General Fund.
State/Federal Legislation Update/Action
Council Member Questions, Comments and Announcements