November 9th, 2020
Call to Order
Special Orders of the Day
1A. CONFERENCE WITH CITY ATTORNEY- EXISTING LITIGATION Subject: NAACP, et al. v. City of Palo Alto, United States District Court, Northern District of California, Case No. 5:20-cv-07251-EJD (Foothills Park) Authority: Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(1).
Agenda Changes, and Deletions
3. Approval of a Memorandum of Agreement Between the San Francisco Bay Restoration Authority and the US Army Corps of Engineers to Utilize Resources of the Bay Restoration Regulatory Integration Team (BRRIT) for Pre-permit Application Review and Permit Processing for the Palo Alto Horizontal Levee Pilot Project at no Cost to the City.
4. Approval of Contract Number C21179815 With Daleo, Inc. in the Amount of $6,417,876 for Gas Main Replacement Project 23 (GS-13001) in the Evergreen, Ventura, College Terrace, Research Park, Greer Tract, Midtown, and Charleston Terrace Neighborhoods; and Authorization for the City Manager to Negotiate and Execute Related Change Orders Not-to-Exceed $641,788, for a Total Not-toExceed Amount of $7,059,644.
6. Approval of Amendment Number 2 to Contract Number S15153692 With Woodard & Curran as Successor-in-Interest to RMC Water & Environment for Long Range Facilities Plan Program Management Services at the Regional Water Quality Control Plant, and to Extend the Contract Term Through December 31, 2022.
City Manager Comments
11. Discussion and Potential Direction on Community and Economic Recovery Strategies Including Uplift Local Holiday Promotions, Business Support Activities, and Testing; and A) Expanding the Definition of Retail and Retail-like to Allow More Diverse Retail Activities; B) Temporarily or Permanently Altering Parking Requirements for a Change of Use; C) Temporarily Suspending the Retail Preservation Ordinance in Some Areas of Palo Alto; and D) Continuing Closures of Portions of California and University Avenues to Vehicular Traffic.
12. Direction to Modify the California Avenue Parking Policy to Expand Eligibility for City Garage Parking Permits, Modify the Evergreen Park Mayfield Residential Preferential Parking (RPP) Program to Reduce Employee Parking in the RPP District, and Develop a Parking In-Lieu Program for the California Avenue Business District (Continued From October 26, 2020).
13. Update and Discussion on the Regional Housing Needs Allocation (RHNA) Process and Direction to Staff Regarding the City’s Response to the Proposed RHNA Methodology, Including Preparation of a Formal Comment Letter. (THIS ITEM HAS BEEN CONTINUED TO NOVEMBER 16, 2020)
14. PUBLIC HEARING / QUASI-JUDICIAL / LEGISLATIVE. 788 San Antonio Road [19PLN-00079]: The City Council Will Consider: 1) Adoption of a Resolution Certifying a Final Environmental Impact Report (EIR), Making CEQA Findings Including a Statement of Overriding Considerations, and Adopting a Mitigation Monitoring and Reporting Plan; 2) Adoption of a Resolution Amending the Comprehensive Plan; 3) Adoption of a Zoning Ordinance: a) Expanding the Housing Incentive Program to San Antonio Road, and b) Amending Definition of Gross Floor Area and Amending Retail Preservation for Housing; 4) Approval of a Tentative Map for a Condominium Subdivision; 5) Approval of a Variance to a Special Setback; and 6) Approval of Major Architectural Review for 102 Dwelling Units, a 1,800 Square Foot Commercial Space and two Basement Levels of Parking (STAFF REQUESTS THIS ITEM BE CONTINUED TO NOVEMBER 16, 2020)
Council Member Questions, Comments and Announcements