December 2nd, 2019
Call to Order
Special Orders of the Day
Agenda Changes, Additions and Deletions
City Manager Comments
4. Approval of Contract Number C20175534A With MuniServices, LLC for Tax and Fee Consulting Services in a Total Not-to-Exceed Amount of $700,000 Over a Five-year Term; and Approval of a Budget Amendment in the General Fund. Q&A
5. Approval and Authorization for the City Manager or Designee to Execute Amendment Number 1 to Contract Number S17165514 With Clean Power Research, LLC for the Provision of a Web-based Solar Photovoltaic (PV) and Electric Vehicle (EV) Calculator for City of Palo Alto Utility (CPAU) Customers, Increasing the Term for Five Years and Increasing Compensation by $275,000, for a Total Not-to-Exceed Amount of $410,000. Q&A
6. Approval of Amendment Number 4 With Verizon Wireless Through December 31, 2020, Utilizing the Western State Contracting Alliance (WSCA) Contract 1907, California Participating Addendum, a Cooperative Agreement for Wireless, Voice and Broadband Services, Accessories, and Equipment for an Annual Cost of Approximately $300,000.
7. Adoption of a Resolution Amending Utility Rate Schedule E-15 (Electric Service Connection Charges) and Approving Updates to the City’s Program for the use of Revenues From the Sale of Low Carbon Fuel Standard Credits.
8. Approval of a Budget Amendment in the General Fund for Amendment Number 2 to Contract Number C18171717 With Perkins + Will to Provide Professional Services Related to the Preparation of the North Ventura Coordinated Area Plan (NVCAP) (Continued From November 18, 2019).
9. SECOND READING: Adoption of an Ordinance Repealing Chapter 16.17 of Title 16 (Building Regulations) Related to the California Energy Code and Adopting a new Chapter 16.17 Incorporating the 2019 California Energy Code With Local Amendments and Amendments to Title 24, Chapter 6 of the California Code of Regulation (FIRST READING: November 4, 2019, PASSED 7-0).
10. Colleagues’ Memo From Council Members DuBois and Kou Regarding Potential Adoption of an Urgency Ordinance to Provide Just Cause Eviction Protections to Tenants Until California State Assembly Bill 1482 Takes Effect on January 1, 2020 (Continued From November 18, 2019).
State/Federal Legislation Update/Action
Council Member Questions, Comments and Announcements
13. CONFERENCE WITH REAL PROPERTY NEGOTIATORS Authority: Government Code Section 54956.8 Properties: (1) 2416-2460 Park Boulevard (APN 124-29-002); and (2) 249-251 California Avenue (APN 124-29-007); Negotiating Parties: City of Palo Alto; and (1) Marthe Raymann, as Successor Trustee of The Alois and Marthe Raymann Trust Dated July 17,1991; and (2) Duca and Hanley Properties, Inc., a Corporation; City Negotiators: Ed Shikada, Monique le Conge Ziesenhenne, Brad Eggleston, Kiely Nose, and Sunny Tong Subject of Potential Negotiations: Price and Terms of Payment for Subsurface Easements Related to Construction of the Public Safety Building at 250 Sherman Avenue. – POSTPONED TO DECEMBER 9th, 2019
14. CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATORS Agency Negotiators: Mayor and City Council Members Unrepresented Employees: City Manager, City Attorney, City Clerk Authority: Government Code Section 54957.6(a).