December 12th, 2022
Call to Order
SPECIAL ORDER OF THE DAY
AA1. SOBRATO PHILANTHROPIES
1. CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATORS City Designated Representatives: City Manager and his Designees Pursuant to Merit System Rules and Regulations (Ed Shikada, Kiely Nose, Sandra Blanch, Nicholas Raisch, Molly Stump, and Terence Howzell) Employee Organization: Service Employees International Union, (SEIU) Local 521, Utilities Management and Professional Association of Palo Alto (UMPAPA)Palo Alto Peace Officer’s Association (PAPOA), Palo Alto Police Management Association (PMA), International Association of Fire Fighters (IAFF) local 1319, Palo Alto Fire Chiefs Association (FCA), ; Authority: Government Code Section 54957.6 (a).
Agenda Changes, Additions and Deletions
2. SECOND READING: Adoption of an Ordinance extending the Term of Ordinance No. 5517 by an Additional 18 Months to Expire on June 16, 2024. Ordinance 5517 Amends Title 18 (Zoning) of the Palo Alto Municipal Code to Update Definitions, Broaden Permitted Uses and Provide Limits on Certain Uses through Updates to the Conditional Use Permit Thresholds. Environmental Review: CEQA Exemption 15061(b)(3) (FIRST READING: November 28, 2022 PASSED 6-1, Cormack No).
3. Utilities Advisory Commission Recommend the City Council Affirm the Continuation of the REC Exchange Program.
4. Approval of Amendment No. 1 to Contract C09124501 with GreenWaste of Palo Alto for Collection and Processing Services to Implement Domestic Recycling of Mixed Paper and Mixed Rigid Plastics with Program Annual Costs Not to Exceed $1.2M; and Approval of Budget Amendment in the Refuse Fund. Supplemental Report Added
5. Approval of Contract S20178749 Amendment No. 3 with LCT SOFTWARE, LLC in the Amount of $72,924 for a New Not to Exceed Amount of $247,254 for Electronic Document Review Software related to the City’s Land Use and Permitting System Through December 31, 2023.
6. Approval of Lease and License of 300 Homer Ave. Roth Building between the City of Palo Alto and the Palo Alto Museum.
Packet Pg. 56
7. Appointment of Kiely Nose as Assistant City Manager.
8. Approval of a Contract with Nomad Transit, LLC (Via) for City of Palo Alto On-Demand Transit Service in a total contract amount not to exceed $2,500,000 for up to two years and Approval of a Budget Amendment in the General Fund (Late Packet Report Added).
City Manager Comments
9. Approval of Amendment No. 1 to Contract # C21180078 with Blue Rhino Studios, Inc. in the Amount of $234,748 for Design and Fabrication of Additional Dinosaur Sculptures and Exhibits for the Palo Alto Junior Museum & Zoo for a total not-to-exceed amount of $449,464. Environmental Review: CEQA Exemption 15301.
10. PUBLIC HEARING/LEGISLATIVE: Adoption of Amendments to Palo Alto Municipal Code Chapter 18.09, Accessory and Junior Accessory Dwelling Units due to State Law Changes and Direction from the California Department of Housing and Community Development. Environmental Assessment: Exempt from the provisions of the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) pursuant to Public Resources Code Section 21080.17 and CEQA Guidelines sections 15061(b)(3), 15301, 15302 and 15305. Planning and Transportation Commission Recommended Approval of the Ordinance.
11. Approval of Response to the Grand Jury Report “If You Only Read the Ballot, You’re Being Duped.”
12. Colleagues Memo From Council Members Dubois, Kou, And Stone Regarding: Whole Home Short Term Rentals.
COUNCIL MEMBER QUESTIONS, COMMENTS, ANNOUNCEMENTS