December 14th, 2020
Call to Order
1. CONFERENCE WITH CITY ATTORNEY- EXISTING LITIGATION Santa Clara County Superior Court, Case No. 16CV300760 (One Case, as Defendant) Miriam Green v. City of Palo Alto Authority: Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(1).
Special Orders of the Day
Agenda Changes, and Deletions
4. QUASI-JUDICIAL. 4115 El Camino Real: Request for Final Map to Divide an Existing 15,453 Square Foot Parcel Into Condominiums for a Mixed-use Project, Including Seven Residential Units, Four Commercial Condominiums, and a Public Access Easement. Environmental Assessment: Exempt. Zoning District: CN (Commercial Neighborhood).
5. Approval of a Lease Agreement Between KG-Bryant, LLC and the City of Palo Alto for the Premises Located at 526 Bryant Street for a 24-month Term, at a Starting Base Rent of $5,293 per Month and Increasing 3 Percent in Year Two.
7. Approval of Amendment Number 4 to Contract Number S16161922 With Advanced Control Systems, Inc. for: 1) Maintenance and Support of the City’s Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) System; 2) to Extend the Contract for Five Additional Years (for a Ten-year Term); and 3) to Increase Compensation by $372,064, Which Includes a 10 Percent Contingency for Additional Services, for a new Total Not-to-Exceed Amount of $672,794.
8. Approval of a Cooperative Agreement With Stakeholder Cities (including Palo Alto) and AC Transit and a Memorandum of Understanding With AC Transit, MTC and Other Partnering Agencies for the Dumbarton Express Corridor Transit Signal Priority Project.
10. Approval of Contract Number C21179976 With TruePoint Solutions, LLC in the Amount of $901,683 for Scripting, Reporting, and Other Technical Support of Services Related to the Construction Permitting System (Accela) Through December 31, 2024.
11. Adoption of a Resolution Amending and Restating Resolution Number 9911 to Extend the Temporary Street Closures of California Avenue, University Avenue, and Adjacent Downtown Blocks to May 31, 2021.
City Manager Comments
12. Adoption of a Temporary Ordinance Amending Title 18 (Zoning) of the Palo Alto Municipal Code to Broaden Permissible Uses and Raise Thresholds for Conditional Use Permits for Some Land Uses Throughout the City. Environmental Review: California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) Exemption 15061(b)(3).
13. Finance Committee Recommends the City Council Direct Staff to Complete the Following in Regards to the ROTH Building, 300 Homer Avenue: 1) Identify Funding for a “Cold Shell”; 2) Return to Council With Additional Funding and a Lease or Lease Option; and 3) Work With the Palo Alto Museum Regarding Lease Terms.
Council Member Questions, Comments and Announcements