December 17th, 2018
Call to Order
Special Orders of the Day
Agenda Changes, Additions and Deletions
City Manager Comments
4. Approval of Amendment Number 4 to Contract Number S16159017 With SZS Consulting Group in the Amount of $85,880 for the Americans With Disability Act (ADA) Transition Plan Update Project (Capital Improvement Project PF-93009).
5. Approval of Amendment Number 1 to Contract Number C18168154 With SWA Services to Provide Janitorial Services in the Police Department for the Amount of $377,150 over the Contract’s Five-year Term, Including $335,025 for Basic Services and $42,125 for Additional Services, for a Total Five-year Contract to Provide Citywide Janitorial Services Not-to-Exceed Amount of $11,029,765.
7. QUASI-JUDICIAL: 2515-2585 El Camino Real [18PLN-00187]: Request Approval of a Final Map for a 0.96 Acre Site at 2515 and 2585 El Camino Real [18PLN-00187] for Condominium Purposes for 13 Residential Units and up to 13 Retail Commercial Units With Access and Utility Easements. Environmental Assessment: Previously Adopted Initial Study/Mitigated Negative Declaration Prepared for the Associated Development Application (15PLN-00170), Zoning District: CN and CC(2).
11. Approval of Amendment Number 1 to Contract Number C18170335 With Concordia, LLC for Professional Services for Cubberley Community Center Master Plan and Visioning to Increase the Not-to-Exceed Amount by $43,720 and to Include Greendell School and 525 San Antonio Road Sites to the Scope of Services; and Authorize the City Manager to Execute Amendment Number 1 to the Mutual Cooperation and Cost Share Agreement Between the City of Palo Alto and the Palo Alto Unified School District Related to Cubberley Community Center Master Plan Consultants to add the Additional Scope and Costs to the Agreement for up to $21,860; and Approve a Budget Amendment in the Cubberley Property Infrastructure Fund.
14. Approval of Amendment Number 2 to Contract Number S16163031 With Triple HS Inc., dba H.T. Harvey & Associates, to Increase the Contract by $31,150 to Extend the Term Through December 31, 2021 and add Additional Services, for a Total Not-to-Exceed Amount of $54,029 for the San Francisquito Creek Pump Station Riparian Mitigation Monitoring.
18. SECOND READING: Adoption of an Ordinance Amending Palo Alto Municipal Code (PAMC) Title 16, Chapters 16.58 (Development Impact Fees), 16.59 (Citywide Transportation Impact Fees), and 16.60 (Charleston Arastradero Corridor Pedestrian and Bicyclist Safety Impact Fee) to add Development Impact Fee Exemptions for Junior Accessory Dwelling Units and Certain Accessory Dwelling Units Established by Garage Conversion (FIRST READING: December 3, 2018 PASSED: 6-3 Holman, Kou, Tanaka No).
19. Finance Committee Recommends the City Council Approve the $4 Million in General Fund Savings and Approve Corresponding Budget Amendments in Various Funds and the Table of Organization. – MOVED TO ACTION
Call to Order
- Study Session With Santa Clara County Supervisor Simitian
2. Discussion and Direction on the Status and use of the Roth Building, Extension of Fundraising Period With the Palo Alto History Museum, and Adoption of a Resolution for County Grant Application to use the Roth Building Consistent With Park use for 20 Years.
3. Project Update on Connecting Palo Alto and Consider the Following Actions: a) Separate From Study all Alternatives for the Palo Alto Avenue Crossing (Closure and Hybrid) and Include Palo Alto Avenue in a Separate Comprehensive Planning Effort; b) Separate From Study the Bicycle and Pedestrian Crossing of the Caltrain Corridor in the Vicinity of Loma Verde Avenue and Assess Feasibility in a Future Study; c) Address the Rail Committee’s Recommendation Regarding a Deep Bore Tunnel by Modifying the Alternative to be South of California Avenue Only and Further Explore the Scope and Budget for an Alternative With Freight Trains on the Surface and Passenger Trains Underground for the Meadow and Charleston Crossings; and d) Adopt a Modified List of Grade Separation Alternatives.
4. PUBLIC HEARING / QUASI-JUDICIAL: 429 University Avenue [18PLN00240]: Appeal of the Planning and Community Environment Director’s Denial of a Minor Architectural Review Application for Proposed Exterior Building Materials, Colors, and Craftsman Related to a Previously Approved Mixed-Use Project. Environmental Assessment: Use of Mitigated Negative Declaration Prepared for 14PLN-00222. Zoning District: CD-C(G)(P) (Downtown Commercial With Ground Floor and Pedestrian Shopping Overlay) (Continued From December 3, 2018).
State/Federal Legslation Update/Action
Council Member Questions, Comments and Announcements