December 7th, 2020
Call to Order
1. CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATORS City Designated Representatives: City Manager and his Designees Pursuant to Merit System Rules and Regulations (Ed Shikada, Rumi Portillo, Molly Stump, Monique LeConge Ziesenhenne, Nick Raisch, Kiely Nose, Dean Batchelor) Employee Organizations: Utilities Management and Professional Association of Palo Alto (UMPAPA) Authority: Government Code Section 54957.6(a).
2. CONFERENCE WITH CITY ATTORNEY- EXISTING LITIGATION Subject: ABG-PACT Owner v. City of Palo Alto et al., Santa Clara County Superior Court, Case No. 19cv352355, and Local Administrative Appeal on Citation Nos. BA021320, BA022020, BA022720, BA030520, and BA031220 College Terrace Centre Grocery – Code Enforcement Matters Authority: Government Code Section 54956.9 (d)(1).
Agenda Changes, and Deletions
5. Approval of a Contract With Canopy for $225,510 for a One-year Term to Support Palo Alto’s Urban Forestry Programs; Assist With Implementation of Programs Within the Urban Forest Master Plan; Help Improve the Tree Canopy in South Palo Alto; and Educate the Public About Trees.
6. Approval of Amendment Number 1 to Contract Number C19171565 With Brown and Caldwell for Professional Design Services for the Secondary Treatment Process Upgrade Capital Improvement Project (WQ-19001) at the Regional Water Quality Control Plant; to add Services and Increase Compensation by $1,500,745 for a new Maximum Compensation Not-to-Exceed $4,424,101; and to Extend the Contract Term Through September 30, 2025.
7. Staff and the Utilities Advisory Commission (UAC) Recommend the Council Adopt a Resolution Amending the City’s Carbon Neutral Gas Plan to Continue to Achieve Carbon Neutrality for the City’s Natural Gas Supply Portfolio.
8. Approval of Contract Number C21175922A With Anderson Pacific Engineering Construction, Inc. in the Amount of $5,545,000 for Corte Madera Reservoir Replacement Project (WS-09000); and Authorization for the City Manager to Negotiate and Execute Related Change Orders Not-to-Exceed $554,500 for a Total Not-to-Exceed Amount of $6,099,500.
10. Approval of Three Five-year Contracts for the Palo Alto Airport With: 1) Burns & McDonnell in the Amount of $1,000,000 to Provide Design/Engineering and Grant Administration Services, 2) C&S Engineers, Inc. in the Amount of $1,500,000 to Provide Planning and Construction Management Services, and 3) Centurion Planning in the Amount of $1,000,000 to Provide Environmental Services; and Approval of a Fiscal Year 2021 Budget Amendment in the Airport Enterprise Fund.
11. PUBLIC HEARING: Adoption of an Ordinance Amending Section 18.52.070 (Parking Regulations for CD Assessment District) to Temporarily Extend Ineligibility of Certain Uses to Participate in the University Avenue In-lieu Parking Program for 18 Months.
12. SECOND READING: Adoption of an Ordinance Amending Palo Alto Municipal Code (PAMC) Title 18, Chapters 18.04, 18.16, 18.40, and 18.52 to: 1) Expand the Housing Incentive Program to San Antonio Road; and 2) Amend Definition of Gross Floor Area and Amend Retail Preservation for Housing (FIRST READING: November 16, 2020 PASSED: 4-3 DuBois, Filseth, Kou no).
City Manager Comments
13. Approval of a Three-year Contract With Downtown Streets, Inc. for a Total Amount Not-to-Exceed $323,244 for Maintenance Services for the City’s Five Downtown Parking Garages, Downtown Sidewalks and Alleys; and Provide Outreach Case Management Services to the Downtown Core With the Intent of Linking Homeless Individuals to Community and Housing Services (Continued From November 30, 2020).
Council Member Questions, Comments and Announcements