June 25th, 2018
Call to Order
- CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL – ANTICIPATED LITIGATION
Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(2) and (e)(1):
Four Potential Cases
Special Orders of the Day
Agenda Changes, Additions and Deletions
City Manager Comments
3. Approval of Contract Number C18171689 With Toubar Equipment Company, Inc. for a Not-To-Exceed Amount of $716,030 for Landfill Gas Collection and Control System and Leachate Collection System Improvements at the Palo Alto Landfill Over a Term of 90 Days.
4. Approval and Authorization for the City Manager to Execute an Electric Enterprise Fund Professional Services Contract With Activu Corporation in the Amount of $438,006, Including Change Orders for Additional Related but Unforeseen Work in the Amount of $43,800, for a Total Not-to-Exceed Amount of $481,006, for the Utility Control Room Upgrade Project.
6. Approval of a Five-year Contract With Telecommunications Engineering Associates (TEA) in a Total Not-To-Exceed Amount of $500,000 for Annual Maintenance Services of Legacy Radio Infrastructure Plus a Contingency Not-To-Exceed Amount of $25,000 per Year for Additional
7. Approval of Contract Number C18172268 With Municipal Resources Group for Council Appointed Officers Performance Evaluation for a Duration Through June 30, 2019 With the Option to Extend two Additional Years for a Total Not-to-Exceed Amount of $180,000.
8. QUASI-JUDICIAL/PUBLIC HEARING 2515-2585 El Camino Real [17PLN00448]: Recommendation on Applicant’s Request for Approval of a Vesting Tentative Map to Merge two Lots and Subdivide the Combined 39,953 Square Foot lot Into 13 Residential Condominiums and up to
13 Retail Commercial Units. The Subdivision Map Would Facilitate Construction of the Previously Approved 39,858 Square Foot Mixeduse Development Project (15PLN-00170). Environmental Assessment: Reuse of a Previously Adopted Initial Study/Mitigated Negative Declaration Prepared for the Associated Development Application. (15PLN-00170). Zoning District: Neighborhood Commercial (CN) and Community Commercial (CC) (2) Zoning District.
10. Approval and Authorization for the City Manager or his Designee to Execute the Following six Utilities Public Benefits Program Contract Amendments: 1) Amendment Number 1 to CLEAResult Consulting, Inc. C15159135 Increasing Compensation by $910,000 and Extending the Term for Three Additional Years; 2) Amendment Number 1 to Eagle Systems International, Inc. DBA Synergy Companies C15159126 Number 2 to Eagle Systems International, Inc. DBA Synergy Companies C15159125 Increasing Compensation by $900,000 and Extending the Term for Three Additional Years; 4) Amendment Number 1 to Ecology Action of Santa Cruz C15155144A With no Increase in Compensation and Extending the Term for two Additional Years; 5) Amendment Number 1 to Enovity, Inc. C15155144B with no Increase in Compensation and Extending the Term for two Additional Years; and 6) Amendment Number 1 to BASE Energy, Inc. C15155144C With no Increase in Compensation.
13. Approval of a Construction Contract With Vortex Marine Construction, Inc. in the Amount of $1,097,281 for the Baylands Boardwalk Improvements Capital Improvement Project PE-14018 and Approve Budget Amendments in the Capital Improvement Fund and the Parkland Dedication Fee Fund.
15. Approval of the Renewal of Three Public-private Partnership Agreements Between the City of Palo Alto and TheatreWorks, Palo Alto Players, and West Bay Opera for the use of the Lucie Stern Community Theatre.
16. Approval of a Contract With Summit Uniforms for Five-years for a Maximum Compensation Amount Not-to-Exceed $520,000 ($104,000/Year) for the Purchase of Police, Fire, and Park Ranger
Uniforms and Related Equipment.
17. Approval of Contract Number C18172676 With Dixon Resources Unlimited for a Total Not-To-Exceed Amount of $285,126 for Support of the City’s Parking Programs for a One-year Term, and Exemption of the Contract From Competitive Solicitation Requirements.
18. QUASI-JUDICIAL/PUBLIC HEARING. 3225 El Camino Real [17PLN00007]: Request for a Vesting Tentative Map to Subdivide a 29,962 Square Foot Parcel Into two Parcels Comprised of one Commercial Parcel and one Residential Parcel for Condominium Purposes. Environmental Assessment: An Initial Study Mitigated Negative Declaration (IS-MND) was Previously Prepared for an Associated Development Application (15PLN-00003) That was Approved by the Director of Planning & Community Environment on April 21, 2016. Zoning District: Service Commercial (CS).
19. Approval of Amendment Number 4 to the Agreement With the Peninsula Corridor Joint Powers Board for Rail Shuttle Bus Service Administration to Extend the Term of the Agreement for One-year and for the City to Provide an Additional $130,600 for Community Shuttle Service on the Existing Embarcadero Shuttle Route From July 2018 Until June 2019.
20. Approval of Contract Amendment Number Three to Contract Number C15158029 With Schaaf & Wheeler Consulting Civil Engineers to Increase the Construction Support Budget in the Amount of $21,000 for Additional Work and to Extend the Contract Term for the Matadero Creek Storm Water Pump Station Capital Improvement Program Project SD-13003.
22. Approval of a Five-year Contract With All City Management Services, Inc., Effective August 1, 2018, in the Not-to-Exceed Amount of $3,096,779 for Crossing Guard Services for the Palo Alto Unified School District and Approval of a Budget Amendment in the General Fund.
23. SECOND READING: Adoption of an Ordinance Amending Palo Alto Municipal Code Title 18 (Zoning) Chapter 18.30 (Combining Districts) to add a new Combining District to Allow for Higher Density Multifamily Housing That Includes a Workforce Housing Component to be Located on Public Facilities Zoned Properties Within 0.5 Miles of Fixed Rail Transit Stations; and Adoption of an Ordinance Amending the Zoning Map to Apply the new Combining District to the Subject Property at 2755 El Camino Real (FIRST READING: June 4, 2018 PASSED: 7-2 Holman, Kou no).
24. Approval of Contract Number C18171717 With Perkins + Will for the Professional Services Related to the Preparation of the North Ventura Coordinated Area Plan for an Amount Not-To-Exceed $769,068 Over a 2.5-Year Term.
27. SECOND READING: Adoption of an Ordinance Amending Palo Alto Municipal Code (PAMC) Title 18 (Zoning), Chapter 18.28 (Special Purpose (PF, OS and AC) Districts), Sections 18.28.050, 18.28.060 and 18.28.090 to Revise the Public Facilities (PF) Zone Parking and Development Standards to Allow Council Approval of Exceptions to PF Development Standards, Including Setback Lines Imposed by a Special Setback Map, and Required Parking Location for City Parking Facilities in the Downtown and California Avenue Business District and for Essential Services Buildings, and Make Other Clerical or Technical Corrections (FIRST READING: June 11, 2018 PASSED: 8-0 Tanaka not Participating).
28. Approval of Amendment Number One to Professional Services Contract Number C16161182 With Freytag & Associates to Extend the Term of the Agreement for One and a Half Years (1.5 years) to end December 31, 2019 with No Additional Cost to the City for Professional Services Related to Airplane Noise Assessment and Mitigation.
30. Adoption of a Resolution Related to the Downtown Residential Preferential Parking (RPP) Program Reducing or Otherwise Amending the Number of Employee Parking Permits and Making Related Changes, Modifying or Maintaining the Prohibition on Re-Parking in the RPP District More Than two Hours After Initially Parking, and Making Other Clarifying Modifications to Resolution 9671. California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA): Exempt Pursuant to CEQA Guidelines Section 15061(b)(3) (Continued From April 2, 2018).
32. Recommended Terms of Agreement for Fire Protection Services to Stanford University for the Period January 1, 2018 – June 30, 2023 and Settlement of Prior Claim for Overpayment (Staff Requests This Item be Continued to a Date Uncertain).
State/Federal Legislation Update/Action
Council Member Questions, Comments and Announcements