June 4th, 2018
Call to Order
- PUBLIC EMPLOYMENT Title: City Manager Authority: Government Code Section 54957(b)
Agenda Changes, Additions and Deletions
City Manager Comments
3. Approval and Authorization for the City Manager to Execute an Electric Enterprise Fund Construction Contract With Hot Line Construction, Inc. in the Total Not-to-Exceed Amount of $652,558, Which Includes the Contract Amount of $593,235 Plus a 10 Percent Contingency of $59,323, for the Pole Replacement 2018 Project.
4. QUASI-JUDICIAL: Consideration of Appeals of the Planning and Community Environment Director’s Decision to Approve the Architectural Review Application for 620 Emerson Street (17PLN00331) to Allow Demolition of an Existing Single Story Building and Construction of a new Two-story 4,063 Square Foot Commercial Building for the Expansion of Nobu Restaurant. The Project Includes Replacement of Three On-site Parking Spaces With Five In-lieu Spaces in the Downtown Parking Assessment District. Environmental Assessment: Exempt From the Provisions of the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) per Guideline Section 15303 (New Construction). Zoning District: CD-C (GF)(P) (Downtown Commercial). – POSTPONED
5. SECOND READING: Adoption of an Ordinance Amending Chapter 10.51 of Title 10 of the Palo Alto Municipal Code Related to the Crescent Park No Overnight Parking Program to Reflect the Current Status of Approved Streets Within the Program, to Tentatively Approve Additional Street Segments Within Crescent Park, and to add Provisions for Opting-out of or Dissolving the Restricted Parking Area (FIRST READING: May 14, 2018 PASSED: 8-0 DuBois absent).
6. SECOND READING: Adoption of an Ordinance Amending Palo Alto Municipal Code Chapter 4.39 (Private Intrusion Alarms) to Include the Addition of Unwanted, Unwarranted Residential, and Commercial Fire Alarms (FIRST READING: May 14, 2018 PASSED: 8-0 DuBois Absent).
7. Review of Refined Public Opinion Survey Results Regarding Potential 2018 Ballot Measure to Address the Funding Gap for the 2014 Infrastructure Plan and Unplanned Potential Community Assets Projects, and Potential Direction to City Staff for a 2018 Ballot Measure.
8. PUBLIC HEARING/LEGISLATIVE AND QUASI-JUDICIAL: 2755 El Camino Real [16PLN-00464]: Adoption of an Ordinance Amending Palo Alto Municipal Code (PAMC) Title 18 (Zoning) Chapter 18.30 (Combining Districts) to add a new Combining District to Allow for Higher Density Multi-family Housing that Includes a Workforce Housing Component to be Located on Public Facilities Zoned Properties Within 0.5 Miles of Fixed Rail Transit Stations; Adoption of an Ordinance Amending the Zoning Map to Apply the New Combining District to the Subject Property at 2755 El Camino Real; and Site and Design Approval to Allow Construction of a 57 Unit Multi-Family Residence at the Subject Property. Environmental Assessment: An Initial Study (IS/MND) Was Published for Public Comment on January 19, 2018 for a Circulation Period Ending on February 20, 2018. A Final MND was Published on May 18, 2018. Zone District: Public Facilities (PF).
9. PUBLIC HEARING: LEGISLATIVE AND QUASI-JUDICIAL 250 and 350 Sherman Avenue, Public Safety Building Project: Adoption of: 1) Resolution of Approval of Final Environmental Impact Report for a New Public Safety Building at 250 Sherman Avenue and a New Four-Story Parking Structure at 350 Sherman Avenue; and 2) Ordinance Modifying the Public Facilities (PF) Zone Development Standards; and (3) Approval of the Record of Land Use Action Approving Architectural Review Application [File 17PLN-00257] for a new Four-story Parking Structure at 350 Sherman Avenue to Provide 636 Public Parking Spaces Above and Below Grade. Planning and Transportation Commission Review Recommended Modification to PF Zoning Development Standards on January 31, 2018. (STAFF REQUESTS THIS ITEM BE CONTINUED TO JUNE 11, 2018)
State/Federal Legislation Update/Action
Council Member Questions, Comments and Announcements