May 29th, 2018
Call to Order
1. CONFERENCE WITH CITY ATTORNEY-POTENTIAL LITIGATION Significant Exposure to Litigation (One Potential Case, as Plaintiff/Defendant) – Issues Relating to the Cable Franchise and Public, Education and Government (PEG) Fee Audit (May 10, 2016) Authority: Government Code Section 54956.9(d) (2)
2. PUBLIC EMPLOYMENT Title: City Manager Authority: Government Code Section 54957(b)
Agenda Changes, Additions and Deletions
City Manager Comments
3. Approval of Action Minutes for the May 14, 2018 Council Meeting.
4. Preliminary Approval of the Downtown Business Improvement District (BID) 2018-2019 Annual Report; Adoption of a Resolution Declaring an Intention to Levy an Assessment Against Businesses Within the BID for Fiscal Year 2019 and Setting a Time and Place for a Public Hearing on June 11, at 6:00 PM or Thereafter, in the City Council Chambers.
5. Approval of Amendment Number One to Contract Number C17167868 With Artist Mary Lucking to Increase the Contract Amount by $10,000 for the Completion of the Public Art for the Highway 101 Bike and Pedestrian Bridge.
6. Approval of Three Contracts: 1) a Five-year Contract With BrightView Landscape Services in the Amount of $5,821,106 for Landscape Maintenance Services; 2) a Five-year Contract With Gachina Landscape Management, in the Amount of $376,842 for Landscape Maintenance Services; and 3) a Five-year Contract With Acterra in the Amount of $298,456 for Habitat Restoration in Foothills Park.
8. Approval of a Construction Contract With State Roofing Systems, Inc. in an Amount Not-to-Exceed $775,506 in the Roofing Replacement (PF-00006) Capital Improvement Program Project to Provide Construction Services to Replace the Existing Roofs at Ventura Community Center Units 1, 2, & 3 and Repair the Water Damaged Soffit Areas and Stucco Under all Three Roof Overhangs.
9. Adoption of a Resolution Designating 450 Bryant Street, Known as the Avenidas Building, as a “Sender Site” in the Transfer of Development Rights (TDR) Program; Direction to Staff to Issue Requests for Proposals for Avenidas and College Terrace Building TDRs; and Approval of Commitment of Additional $2 Million for Enhancements to the New Junior Museum & Zoo.
10. Connecting Palo Alto Rail Program Status Update and Initial Screening of Ideas for Further Study (Continued From May 14, 2018).
State/Federal Legislation Update/Action
Council Member Questions, Comments and Announcements