May 29th, 2018
Call to Order
1. CONFERENCE WITH CITY ATTORNEY-POTENTIAL LITIGATION Significant Exposure to Litigation (One Potential Case, as Plaintiff/Defendant) – Issues Relating to the Cable Franchise and Public, Education and Government (PEG) Fee Audit (May 10, 2016) Authority: Government Code Section 54956.9(d) (2)
2. PUBLIC EMPLOYMENT Title: City Manager Authority: Government Code Section 54957(b)
Agenda Changes, Additions and Deletions
City Manager Comments
4. Preliminary Approval of the Downtown Business Improvement District (BID) 2018-2019 Annual Report; Adoption of a Resolution Declaring an Intention to Levy an Assessment Against Businesses Within the BID for Fiscal Year 2019 and Setting a Time and Place for a Public Hearing on June 11, at 6:00 PM or Thereafter, in the City Council Chambers.
5. Approval of Amendment Number One to Contract Number C17167868 With Artist Mary Lucking to Increase the Contract Amount by $10,000 for the Completion of the Public Art for the Highway 101 Bike and Pedestrian Bridge.
6. Approval of Three Contracts: 1) a Five-year Contract With BrightView Landscape Services in the Amount of $5,821,106 for Landscape Maintenance Services; 2) a Five-year Contract With Gachina Landscape Management, in the Amount of $376,842 for Landscape Maintenance Services; and 3) a Five-year Contract With Acterra in the Amount of $298,456 for Habitat Restoration in Foothills Park.
8. Approval of a Construction Contract With State Roofing Systems, Inc. in an Amount Not-to-Exceed $775,506 in the Roofing Replacement (PF-00006) Capital Improvement Program Project to Provide Construction Services to Replace the Existing Roofs at Ventura Community Center Units 1, 2, & 3 and Repair the Water Damaged Soffit Areas and Stucco Under all Three Roof Overhangs.
9. Adoption of a Resolution Designating 450 Bryant Street, Known as the Avenidas Building, as a “Sender Site” in the Transfer of Development Rights (TDR) Program; Direction to Staff to Issue Requests for Proposals for Avenidas and College Terrace Building TDRs; and Approval of Commitment of Additional $2 Million for Enhancements to the New Junior Museum & Zoo.
State/Federal Legislation Update/Action
Council Member Questions, Comments and Announcements