April 2nd, 2018
Call to Order
- CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATORS
City Designated Representatives: City Manager and his Designees Pursuant to Merit System Rules and Regulations (James Keene, Ed Shikada, Michelle Flaherty, Rumi Portillo, Sandra Blanch, Nicholas Raisch, Molly Stump, Terence Howzell, Charles Sakai, Lalo Perez, Kiely Nose, Robert Jonsen, Eric Nickel) Employee Organizations: Palo Alto Peace Officers’ Association (PAPOA); Palo Alto Fire Chiefs’ Association (FCA); International Association of Fire Fighters (IAFF), Local 1319; and Palo Alto Police Managers’ Association (PAPMA)
Authority: Government Code Section 54957.6(a)
Agenda Changes, Additions and Deletions
City Manager Comments
2. Approval of Action Minutes for the March 12, 2018 Council Meeting
3. Selection of Applicants to Interview on April 24, 2018 for the Historic Resources Board, the Human Relations Commission, the Public Arts Commission, and the Utilities Advisory Commission. – MOVED TO ACTION ITEMS
4. Adoption of a Resolution Approving the Submission and Management of a $162,000 Grant to the California Natural Resources Agency for Baylands Boardwalk and Trail Signage and Interpretation.
5. Adoption of a Resolution Amending the Downtown Residential Preferential Parking Program Reducing the Number of Employee Parking Permits, and Making Clarifying Modifications to Resolution 9671.
6. Adoption of: (1) a Resolution of Intent; and (2) an Ordinance to Amend the Contract Between the Board of Administration of the California Public Employees’ Retirement System (CalPERS) and the City of Palo Alto to Implement the Share of Employer Contribution in Accordance With Section 20516 of the California Government Code and the Memorandum of Agreement Between the City of Palo Alto and Service Employees International Union (SEIU), Local 521, and Compensation Plan for Management Professional Personal and Council Appointees.
7. Adoption of a Resolution Amending Utility Rule and Regulation 11 (Billing, Adjustments and Payment of Bills) to Date the City’s Bill Adjustment Process for Water Leaks and Metering Errors.
8. Adoption of a Park Improvement Ordinance for Replacement of the Badlands Boardwalk (PE-14018).
9. Adoption of a Resolution Adopting Eichler Neighborhood Design Guidelines as Voluntary Guidelines and Discussion of Possible Next Steps Including Possible use of the Eichler Guidelines in Conjunction With the Individual Review Guidelines for two Story Home Reviews and Other Discretionary Entitlement Programs.
10. Policy and Services Committee Recommendation to the Council to Adopt an Ordinance Adding Chapter 10.62 to title 10 (Vehicles and Traffic) to the Municipal Code to Regulate Unnecessary idling of Vehicles.
11. Colleagues’ Memo From Council members DuBois, Holman, and You to Establish a day of Annual Recognition of the Incorporation of the City of Palo Alto.
12. Approval of a Contract With the Empowerment Institute for $100,000 for Community Engagement Block Program (CMO) (Continued From March 5, 2018; Request this Item be Continued to a Date Uncertain).
3. Selection of Applicants to Interview on April 24, 2018 for the Historic Resources Board, the Human Relations Commission, the Public Arts Commission, and the Utilities Advisory Commission. – CONSENT
State/Federal Legislation Update/Action
Council Member Questions, Comments and Announcements