February 11th, 2019
Call to Order
Special orders of the Day
- Fire Safety Month Poster Award Recognition to Palo Alto Unified School District Students for Excellence in Art Creativity and Messaging.
2. Celebrating the City’s Achievement in Dramatically Improving Palo Alto Street Conditions
3. Study Session Regarding the Cubberley Master Plan
Agenda Changes, Additions and Deletions
4. Approval of Action Minutes for the January 28, 2019 Council Meeting
5. Appointment of the 2019 Emergency Standby Council
6. Authorize the City Manager to Execute Agreements for Additional Severance Payment to Employees Impacted by Service Delivery Changes at the Palo Alto Animal Shelter. Q&A
7. Adoption of an Amended Salary Schedule for the 2016-2019 Management and Professional Employees Compensation Plan to Increase the Salary Range to $136,593-$204,880 for the Chief Transportation Official Position. Q&A
8. Approval of the Appointment of Jonathan Lait as the Planning and Community Environment Director and Approval of an Employment Agreement.
City Manager Comments
9. PUBLIC HEARING / QUASI-JUDICIAL, 375 Hamilton Avenue, Downtown Garage [17PLN-00360]: (1) Adoption of a Resolution Certifying the Final Environmental Impact Report, Adopting Findings, a Mitigation Monitoring and Reporting Program Pursuant to the California Environmental Quality Act for the Project (CEQA); (2) Approval of a Record of Land Use Action Approving Architectural Review Application [File 17PLN-00360] for a new Five-story, Nearly 50-foot tall Parking Structure With Height Exceptions for Elevator and Photovoltaic Structure, With one Below Grade Parking Level Providing 324 Public Parking Spaces and Retail Space on the City’s Surface Parking lot Zoned Public Facilities; and (3) Approval of Contract Amendment Number 1 to Contract Number C17166279 With Watry Design, Inc. in the Amount of $352,977 and Authorization for the City Manager or his Designee to Execute the Contract
10. PUBLIC HEARING: Adoption of an Ordinance Amending Chapter 18.18 (Downtown Commercial District) of Title 18 (Zoning) of the Palo Alto Municipal Code (PAMC) to Repeal Section 18.18.040 Regarding a Nonresidential Square Footage Cap in the (CD) Downtown Commercial Zoning District to Implement and Conform to the Updated Comprehensive Plan; and Section 18.18.040 Implemented Policy L-8 of the Prior 1998 Comprehensive Plan, Which was Removed as Part of the Adoption of the Comprehensive Plan Update. California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), this Ordinance is Within the Scope of the Comprehensive Plan Environmental Impact Report (EIR) Certified and Adopted on November 13, 2017 by Council Resolution Number 9720 (Continued From December 3, 2018).
State/Federal Legislation Update/Action
Council Member Questions, Comments and Announcements