February 14th, 2022
Call to Order
Special Orders of the Day
1. Select Applicants to Interview for the Architectural Review Board
AA1. Friends of the Palo Alto Libraries
Agenda Changes, and Deletions
2. Approve Minutes from the January 31, 2022 City Council Meeting
3. Approval of Construction Contract Number C22181645 with Legion Contractors Inc., in the Amount of $494,723, and Authorization for the City Manager or their Designee to Negotiate and Execute Change Orders up to a Not-to-Exceed Amount of $74,208, for the Magical Bridge Playground Rubber and Synthetic Turf Resurfacing Capital Improvement Program Project (PE-21003).
4. Approval of Amendment Number 2 to the Agreement With Palo Alto Unified School District (PAUSD) for PAUSD Athletic Field Brokering and Maintenance Cost-sharing to Extend the Term to June 30, 2022 with an Optional Extension for an Additional Two Years.
5. Approval of Amendment #4 to Contract C18171057 with AECOM to Increase the Not-to-Exceed Compensation by $722,170 for Additional Evaluation and Outreach of Railroad Grade Separation Alternatives for a Total Not-to-Exceed of $3,596,828.
6. Approval of Meter Data Management System (MDMS) Contract C22184319 With N. Harris Corporation (SmartWorks) in the Amount Not to Exceed $1,804,055 Over a Five-Year Term.
7. SECOND READING: Adoption of an Ordinance Amending Palo Alto Municipal Code Section 9.68 (Relocation Assistance for No-Fault Evictions) by Reducing the Threshold for Applicability from 50 Units to 10 Units or a Lower Threshold. Environmental Assessment: Exempt pursuant to CEQA Guidelines Section 15061(b)(3). (FIRST READING: January 31, 2022 PASSED: 5-1-1, Tanaka no, Stone abstain).
City Manager Comments
8A. Approval of Amendment #4 to Contract C18171057 with AECOM to Increase the Not-to-Exceed Compensation by $722,170 for Additional Evaluation and Outreach of Railroad Grade Separation Alternatives for a Total Not-to-Exceed of $3,596,828. – MOVED FROM CONSENT
8. Discuss and Provide Direction to Staff on: (1) Continuing the Cubberley Concept Plan; (2) the Temporary Relocation of Palo Verde and Hoover Elementary Schools to Cubberley; and (3) Potential Opportunity to Acquire Additional Land at Cubberley.
9. Provide Direction to Staff on Negotiations with Pets in Need for Operations and Capital Improvements at the City’s Animal Shelter. Supplemental Memo Added.
Council Member Questions, Comments and Announcements