February 24th, 2020
Call to Order
1. CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATORS City Designated Representatives: City Manager and his Designees Pursuant to Merit System Rules and Regulations (Ed Shikada, Rumi Portillo, Sandra Blanch, Nicholas Raisch, Molly Stump, Terence Howzell, and Kiely Nose) Employee Organization: (1) Utilities Management and Professional Association of Palo Alto (UMPAPA) Authority: Government Code Section 54957.6 (a).
Agenda Changes, Additions and Deletions
5. Approval of Amendment Number 1 to Contract Number C18169791 With BKF Engineers to Increase the Third Year Funding by $150,000 and Extend the Contract Term for an Additional two Years at $300,000 per Year, for a new Not-to-Exceed Total of $1,200,000 to Provide Surveying and Design Services.
6. Approval of Contract Number C20176783 With AECOM Technical Services, Inc. for Professional Services Related to the 2020 Sustainability and Climate Action Plan (S/CAP) Update and SB743 Implementation in the Amount of $573,228; and Approval of an Exemption From Competitive Solicitation for SB743 Scope of Work. Q&A
7. Approval of a Three-year Agreement With Insight Public Sector for Citywide Microsoft Licensing, Utilizing the County of Riverside Agreement, in the Annual Amount of $497,486 and a Contingency of ten Percent in the Annual Amount of $49,748, for a Total Not-to-Exceed Amount of $547,234. Q&A
8. Approval of a Blanket Purchase Order With Oldcastle Infrastructure, Inc., as the City’s Standard Supplier of Certain Equipment for the Utility’s Electric Underground System, in an Annual Amount of $350,000 for a Total Purchase Amount of $1,600,000 Over the Next 4.5 Years.
10. SECOND READING: Adoption of an Interim Ordinance Amending Title 18 (Zoning) of the Palo Alto Municipal Code to Temporarily Allow Overnight Safe Parking on Sites in all Zoning Districts With a Church or Religious Institution; Establishing Related Regulations, and Finding the Ordinance Exempt From the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) Under Guidelines Section 15301 (FIRST READING: January 13, 2020, PASSED 7-0).
City Manager Comments
12. Evaluation of the Neighborhood Traffic Safety and Bicycle Boulevard Phase 1 Project, Including; Acceptance of Findings Regarding Increasing Bicycle Usage, Affirmation or Approval of Project Modifications, Affirmation of Planned Education Activities, and Process to Update Community Engagement; and Acknowledgement of Associated Actions by Staff.
Council Member Questions, Comments and Announcements