February 3rd, 2020
Call to Order
Special Orders of the Day
1. Recognition of Palo Alto City Library 2020 Kids and Teen Writing Contest Winners
2. Fire Safety Month Poster Award Recognition to Palo Alto Unified School District Students for Excellence in Art, Creativity, and Messaging
3. CONFERENCE WITH CITY ATTORNEY-EXISTING LITIGATION Subject: Miriam Green v. City of Palo Alto Santa Clara County Superior Court Case No. 16CV300760 (One Case, as Defendant) Authority: Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(1)
4. CONFERENCE WITH CITY ATTORNEY-EXISTING LITIGATION Subject: Andrew Valentine v. City of Palo Alto Santa Clara County Superior Court Case No. 19CV344693 (One Case, as Defendant) Authority: Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(1)
Agenda Changes, Additions and Deletions
6. Approval and Authorization for the City Manager or Designee to Execute Contract Number C20175147 for an Emergency Vehicle Traffic Signal Preemption System (PL-19000) With Trafficware as a Pilot Project in a Total Not-to-Exceed Amount of $597,500, for a Maximum of Four Years.
7. Approval of Contract Number C20174814 With Lime Energy Services for a Total Not-to-Exceed Amount of $1,820,000, and for a Term of Three Years, to Provide Energy Efficiency Services to Small and Medium Businesses.
8. Approval of Amendment Number 3 to Contract Number C16161210 With Shah Kawasaki Architects, Inc. to add a Not-to-Exceed Amount of $102,141 to Provide Continued Construction Administration and LEED Certification Services for the Fire Station 3 Replacement Project (PE- 15003), for a new Total Not-to-Exceed Amount of $916,383.
9. Approval of Contract Number C20177344 With Bear Electrical Services for the Provision of On-call Traffic Signal and Electrical Services for a Term of 36 Months With a Maximum Total Compensation Not-toExceed $375,000.
City Manager Comments
11. Update and Discussion of the Planning and Development Services Housing Work Plan and Direction to Modify or Direct new Assignments Related to Housing and Other Department Assignments (Continued From January 21, 2020).
Council Member Questions, Comments and Announcements