February 7th, 2022
Call to Order
1. CONFERENCE WITH CITY ATTORNEY Subject: Written Claim Against the City of Palo Alto By Strawn Construction Inc. regarding work performed on Palo Alto Fire Station No. 3 Authority: Government Code Section 54956.9 (e)(3).
2. CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATORS City Designated Representatives: City Manager and his Designees Pursuant to Merit System Rules and Regulations (Ed Shikada, Kiely Nose, Rumi Portillo, Sandra Blanch, Nicholas Raisch, Tori Anthony, Molly Stump, and Terence Howzell) Employee Organization: Service Employees International Union, (SEIU) Local 521, Utilities Management and Professional Association of Palo Alto (UMPAPA)Palo Alto Peace Officers’ Association (PAPOA), Palo Alto Police Management Association (PMA), International Association of Fire Fighters (IAFF) local 1319, Palo Alto Fire Chiefs Association (FCA), Management and Professional Employees (MGMT) ; Authority: Government Code Section 54957.6 (a).
Agenda Changes, and Deletions
3. Approve Minutes from the January 24, 2022 City Council Meeting.
4. Authorize and Approve a Three Million Dollars ($3,000,000) Loan From the Housing In Lieu and Impact Fee Funds for the Development of an Affordable Workforce Housing Project Located at 231 Grant Avenue; Approve the Budget Amendment in the Residential Housing In-Lieu Fund; Authorize the City Manager to Execute Associated Agreements Supplemental Report Added.
5. Policy and Services Committee Recommends Approval of the Office of the City Auditor Construction Project Controls Report Missing Attachments Added.
6. Policy and Services Committee Recommends Approval of the Office of the City Auditor’s Initial Public Safety Building Monitoring Report Missing Attachments Added.
7. Policy and Services Committee Recommends Approval of the Office of the City Auditor’s Task Order to Perform a Wire Payment Process and Controls Review.
8. Adoption of a Resolution Authorizing Use of Teleconferencing for Council Meetings During Covid-19 State of Emergency.
9. Policy and Services Committee Recommendation that City Council Approve the 2022 Legislative Guidelines; Utilities Advisory Commission Recommendation that City Council Approve the 2022 Utilities Legislative Guidelines Missing Attachments Added.
City Manager Comments
10. Discuss the FY 2022 Mid-Year Budget Review and Approve the Following: 1) FY 2022 Budget Amendments in Various Funds, and 2) Amendments to the FY 2022 Table of Organization to Add 11.00 FTE Positions. Missing Attachments Added.
11. California Avenue and Ramona Street Temporary and Permanent Closure: Direct Staff to Issue RFP for a Feasibility Study and Return for Contract Approval, and Provide Direction to Staff on Activities and Programming.
Council Member Questions, Comments and Announcements