March 15th, 2021
Call to Order
1. CONFERENCE WITH CITY ATTORNEY Subject: Written Liability Claim Against the City of Palo Alto By Joel Domingo Alejo (Claim No. C20-0037) Authority: Government Code Section 54956.9(e)(3).
Special Orders of the Day
2. Presentation by the Palo Alto Player and Proclamation
Agenda Changes, and Deletions
2. Approval of Action Minutes for the March 1, 2021 City Council Meeting.
4. Authorize Transmittal of the 2020 Comprehensive Plan Annual Progress Report to the Office of Planning and Research and the 2020 Housing Element Annual Progress Report to the Department of Housing and Community Development.
5. Adoption of an Ordinance Adopting an Administrative Amendment to the 2019 California Fire Code, Palo Alto Municipal Code Section 15.04.075 (Definitions Added to Section 202).
6. SECOND READING: Adoption of an Ordinance to Rename Foothills Park to Foothills Nature Preserve; to Adjust Attendance Limits at the Preserve; and to Amend the Fiscal Year 2021 Municipal Fee Schedule to add new Daily Entry Discounts and Annual Pass Fees at the Preserve (FIRST READING: February 22, 2021 PASSED 7-0).
City Manager Comments
8. Approval of the Response to the Grand Jury Report “Why Aren’t There More Female Fire Fighters in Santa Clara County.”
6A. PUBLIC HEARING: Finance Committee Recommends the City Council Approve the Park, Community, and Library Development Impact Fee Justification Study; Approve Adjustments to Park, Community Center, and Library Development Impact Fees; Adopt an Ordinance Updating Park Land In-lieu fees; and Direct Staff to Implement the Impact Fee Updates With the Fiscal Year 2022 Budget (Continued From March 8, 2021). – THIS ITEM HAS BEEN POSTPONED TO A LATER DATE
7. PUBLIC HEARING/QUASI JUDICIAL: Castilleja School Project 1310 Bryant: Conditional Use Permit (CUP) Amendment to Increase the Student Enrollment cap to 540 Students With Phased Enrollment and Campus Redevelopment, a Variance to Replace Campus Gross Floor Area and Architectural Review Approval of the Campus Redevelopment. Zone District: R-1(10,000). Environmental Review: Final Environmental Impact Report (EIR) Published July 30, 2020; Draft EIR Published July 15, 2019.
9. Colleagues’ Memo Regarding Referral to the Parks and Recreation Commission for a new Skate Park (Staff Requests This Item be Moved to April 12, 2021) MEMO
Council Member Questions, Comments and Announcements