March 16th, 2020
Palo Alto Public Improvement Corporation
Call to Order
1. Approval of Fiscal Year 2019 Palo Alto Public Improvement Corporation’s Annual Financial Report
March 16th, 2020
Call To Order
1. CONFERENCE WITH CITY ATTORNEY-EXISTING LITIGATION Santa Clara County Superior Court, Case No. 16CV300760 (One Case, as Defendant) –Miriam Green v. City of Palo Alto Authority: Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(1).
2. THIS ITEM HAS BEEN MOVED TO THE END OF THE AGENDA
3. Rail Communications Update 3. Connecting Palo Alto Rail Grade Separation: Receive an Update From the Expanded Community Advisory Panel (XCAP) NO DISCUSSION THIS EVENING-INFORMATION REPORT ONLY
Agenda Changes, Additions and Deletions
4. Approval of Action Minutes for the February 24 and March 2, 2020 Council Meetings
5. Authorize Transmittal of the 2019 Comprehensive Plan Annual Progress Report to the Office of Planning and Research, and the 2019 Housing Element Annual Progress Report to the Department of Housing and Community Development.
6. SECOND READING: Adoption of an Ordinance Amending Chapter 1.12 (Administrative Penalties – Citations) to Provide for an Administrative Hearing Upon Partial Advance Deposit of $250 and Clarify Existing Procedures for Hearings (FIRST READING: March 2, 2020 PASSED: 6-0 Kou absent).
City Manager Comments
6A. Update Regarding City Responses to Covid-19, including Community Education and Service Changes; Ratification of Proclamation of Local Emergency.
7. Adoption of two Ordinances Amending Various Sections of Chapter 2.08 (Officers and Departments), Chapter 2.30 (Contracts and Purchasing Procedures); Chapter 10.50 (Residential Preferential Parking Districts), Chapter 10.51 (Crescent Park no Overnight Parking Program); and Title 18 (Zoning) to Reflect Updates to the Organization of Some City Departments and Duties; Clean up the City’s Purchasing Procedures; add a new Exemption From Competitive Solicitation for Some Types of Personnel-related Services Contracts; and Update Enforcement and Hearing Procedures in the Zoning Code.
8. Acceptance of the GreenWaste of Palo Alto Environmental Report; Authorization to Negotiate and Execute an Amendment to GreenWaste Contract Number C09124501 to Increase Compensation by up to $950,000 to Process Mixed Paper Within the United States; and Approval of a Budget Amendment in the Refuse Fund (ITEM CONTINUED TO MARCH 23, 2020) MEMO
Council Member Questions, Comments and Announcements
2. CONFERENCE WITH CITY ATTORNEY-POTENTIAL LITIGATION Subject: Threatened Litigation Over February 4, 2019 Conditional Approvals and Denials of Crown Castle Cluster 2 [17PLN-00433] Small Cell Nodes Authority: Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(2) One Potential Case, as Defendant.