March 20th, 2023
Call to Order
2. PUBLIC EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE EVALUATION – Mid-Year Check-In
Authority: Gov Code section 54957(b)
Titles: City Manager, City Attorney.
3. CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATORS City Designated Representatives: City Manager and his Designees Pursuant to Merit System Rules and Regulations (Ed Shikada, Kiely Nose, Sandra Blanch, Tori Anthony, Molly Stump, and Jennifer Fine) Employee Organization: Service Employees International Union, (SEIU) Local 521, Utilities Management and Professional Association of Palo Alto (UMPAPA), Palo Alto Peace Officers’ Association (PAPOA), Palo Alto Police Management Association (PMA), International Association of Fire Fighters (IAFF) local 1319, Palo Alto Fire Chiefs’ Association (FCA); Authority: Government Code Section 54957.6 (a).
SPECIAL ORDERS OF THE DAY
1. Santa Clara County 2022 Championship Science Fair 2022 STEM Winners From Palo Alto
CLOSED SESSION (continued)
Agenda Changes, Additions and Deletions
4.. Approve Minutes from March 6, 2023 Meeting
5. Authorize Transmittal of the 2022 Comprehensive Plan Annual Progress Report to the Office of Planning and Research and the 2022 Housing Element Annual Progress Report to the Department of Housing and Community Development.
6. Appointment of Council Member Stone to the Board of Directors of the Bay Area Water Supply & Conservation Agency and the Bay Area Regional Water System Financing Authority, for the term July 1, 2023 through June 30, 2027
7. Amendment No. 1 to Contract with LAZ Parking (C20176367) for Residential Preferential Parking (RPP) Program Parking Enforcement to Extend Term two years through February 2025 with no additional funds; CEQA status – categorically exempt (Regulation 15321 enforcement actions).
8. Approval of Office of the City Auditor’s Utility Work Order Process and Control Review Report
9. SECOND READING: Ordinance Prohibiting Possession of Firearms in Sensitive Places. CEQA Status – Exempt Under CEQA Guidelines Section 15061(b)(3). (FIRST READING: March 6, 2023 PASSED 7-0)
10. SECOND READING: Adopt a Park Improvement Ordinance to Allow Construction in Greer Park to Replace a Private Sewer Connection from the 2850 W. Bayshore Housing Development; CEQA status – Class 32 infill exempt
11. SECOND READING: Adoption of an Ordinance amending Chapter 16.52 (Flood Hazard Regulations) to Correct an Error in Ordinance 5566. Environmental Assessment: Not a Project. (FIRST READING: March 6, 2023 PASSED 7-0)
City Manager Comments
12. Review and Revision of the Council Procedures and Protocols Handbook – Focus on Protocols – Including Consideration of Policy and Services Committee Recommended Changes
13. Colleague’s Memo Council Contingency Fund request for Try Harder! A Palo Alto Community Screening Event
COUNCIL MEMBER QUESTIONS, COMMENTS, ANNOUNCEMENTS