March 21st, 2022
Call to Order
Special Orders of the Day
1. Tokyo Paralympics Gold Medal Winner Palo Alto Resident Katie Holloway Bridge
Agenda Changes, and Deletions
2. Approve Minutes from the March 7, 2022 City Council Meeting
3. Approval of a Construction Contract With Casey Construction, Inc. for Sewer Lateral Installation, Repair and Replacement and Wastewater Collection System Rehabilitation in a Total Not-to-Exceed Amount of $2,998,266 for a Three-Year Term Through June 2025.
4. Authorize Transmittal of the 2021 Comprehensive Plan Annual Progress Report to the Office of Planning and Research and the 2021 Housing Element Annual Progress Report to the Department of Housing and Community Development.
5. Accept the Stanford University Medical Center (SUMC) Annual Report for Fiscal Year 2020-2021 and Find the SUMC Parties in Compliance With the Development Agreement.
6. Approval of Task Order Construction Contract C22183580 With MP Nexlevel of California, Inc. in the Amount not to exceed $8,815,809 for Trenching and Substructure Installation and Materials; Authorization for the City Manager to Negotiate and Execute Related but Unforeseen Change Orders Not-to-Exceed $881,581, for a Total Not-to-Exceed Amount of $9,697,390 Over Three Years.
7. Approval of Construction Contract C22184073 with O’Grady Paving Inc. in the Amount of $1,200,234, and Authorization for the City Manager or Their Designee to Negotiate and Execute Change Orders for Related Additional but Unforeseen Work that May Develop During the Project Up to a Not-to-Exceed Amount of $118,523, for the Fiscal Year 2022 Asphalt Paving, Capital Improvements Program Projects PE86070, PO-12001, PL-04010 and PO-89003.
8. Approval of Amendment Number One to Contract C19173550 with Accela, Inc. to add the Accela Mobile Office and Accela Electronic Reporting Database Modules to this Online Services Contract, and to Increase the Compensation by an Amount Not-To-Exceed $57,210 for a New Total Not-to-Exceed Amount of $848,554.
9. Direct Staff to Relinquish S. Palo Alto Bikeways Project Grant Under OBAG2 and Reapply Under OBAG3 in May, 2022 to Allow For Additional Time to Meet Project Outreach, Design, and CEQA Requirements.
City Manager Comments
10. Adoption of an Interim Ordinance Establishing Objective Urban Lot Split Standards and Further Refinements to SB 9 Development Standards; Authorizing the Public Works Director to Publish Objective Standards Regarding Adjacent Improvements Related to SB 9 Projects; and Direction Regarding Listing Properties Eligible for Historic Status.
11. Approve the Housing Element Working Group and Planning and Transportation Commission Recommendations for the 2023-31 Housing Element Sites and Their Associated Unit Yields as Well as Potential Feedback on Housing Element Policies and Programs, or Other Housing-Related Direction to Staff.
Council Member Questions, Comments and Announcements