March 23rd, 2020
Call to Order
Special Action Item
A. Update and Discussion of the COVID-19 Health Emergency and the City’s Response – Verbal Report, No Written Staff Report.
1. Consideration of Analysis, Public Outreach, and Refined Polling and Further Direction on a Potential Local Business Tax Ballot Measure for 2020 Election and Potential Changes to the Business Registry and Business Improvement District Programs. MEMO
2. Approval of Contract Number C20176367 With Serco, Inc. for Three Years in an Amount Not-to-Exceed $2,322,285 for Residential Preferential Parking (RPP) Enforcement Services. Q&A
3. Approval of Contract Number C20178071 With Oracle America, Inc. for Two-year Term for Software Program Technical Support Services in the Amount of $262,986; and Authorize the City Manager to Authorize and Execute a Contract Amendment for up to a 10 Percent Contingency or in an Amount Not-to-Exceed $26,298 in the Event Additional Services are Required, for a Total Not-to-Exceed Amount of $289,284. Q&A
4. Adoption of a Record of Land Use Action Approving a Change to the Local Historic Resources Inventory Classification for 526 Waverley Street From a Category 3 (Contributing Building) to a Category 2 (Major Building) Historic Resource. The Historic Resources Board Recommends Adoption of the Record of Land Use Action; Approval of This Historic Designation is Exempt From the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) in Accordance With Section 15301 of the CEQA Guidelines.
5. Approval of a $360,000 Net Zero Budget Amendment in the General Fund for the Planning & Development Services Department’s Cost Recovery Program for Private Development Studies. Q&A
5A. Direction to Staff on Preparation of the Fiscal Year 2021 Proposed Operating and Capital Budgets. Q&A
City Manager Comments
6. Review of the 2020 Sustainability and Climate Action Plan (S/CAP) Update Process and Accept the 2020-2021 Sustainability Work Plan (STAFF REQUESTS THIS ITEM BE CONTINUED TO APRIL 13, 2020). MEMO
7. Acceptance of the GreenWaste of Palo Alto Environmental Report; Authorization to Negotiate and Execute an Amendment to GreenWaste Contract Number C09124501 to Increase Compensation by up to $950,000 to Process Mixed Paper Within the United States; and Approval of a Budget Amendment in the Refuse Fund (STAFF REQUESTS THIS ITEM BE CONTINUED TO AN UNKNOWN DATE). MEMO
8. Adoption of an Urgency Ordinance and Regular Ordinance Establishing a Temporary Moratorium on Residential Tenant Evictions for Nonpayment of Rent Related to the COVID-19 State of Emergency; and Discussion and Direction on Extending the Evictions Moratorium to Businesses, Nonprofit Organizations, and Other Commercial Tenants Commercial Tenants.
Council Member Questions, Comments and Announcements