March 6th, 2023
Call to Order
SPECIAL ORDERS OF THE DAY
2. Select Applicants for Interviews for Board and Commission Openings on the Historic Resources Board, Human Relations Commission, Parks and Recreation Commission, Planning and Transportation Commission, Utilities Advisory Commission.
3. CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATORS City Designated Representatives: City Manager and his Designees Pursuant to Merit System Rules and Regulations (Ed Shikada, Kiely Nose, Sandra Blanch, Tori Anthony, Molly Stump, and Jennifer Fine) Employee Organization: Service Employees International Union, (SEIU) Local 521, Utilities Management and Professional Association of Palo Alto (UMPAPA), Palo Alto Peace Officers’ Association (PAPOA), Palo Alto Police Management Association (PMA), International Association of Fire Fighters (IAFF) local 1319, Palo Alto Fire Chiefs’ Association (FCA); Authority: Government Code Section 54957.6 (a)
Agenda Changes, Additions and Deletions
5. Approval of Contract Number C23186274 With Monterey Mechanical Co. in an Amount Not-to-Exceed $1,500,000 to Provide On-Call Emergency and Critical Construction Services at the Regional Water Quality Control Plant – Wastewater Treatment Fund Capital Improvement Program Project WQ-19002; CEQA status—exempt under CEQA Guidelines sections 15301(b).
6. Approval of Construction Contract with L.D. Strobel Co., Inc. (C23186775) in the amount of $414,486 and Authorization for Change Orders up to a Not-to-Exceed Amount of $41,449 for the Purchase and Installation of Radio Antennas for the Public Safety Building Capital Improvement Program Project (PE-15001); CEQA: Environmental Impact Report for the PSB and the New California Avenue Area Parking Garage (Resolution No. 9772).
7. Approval of a Purchase Order with Badger Meter, Inc. in the Amount of $3,000,000 for FY 2023 to Purchase Additional Badger Water Meters and Registers for the Advanced Metering Infrastructure Project; CEQA Status – Exempt (existing facility).
City Manager Comments
10. Adopt Emergency (4/5ths vote required) and Standard Ordinances Prohibiting Possession of Firearms in Sensitive Places Recognized by the Supreme Court; Potential Direction to Staff to Develop an Ordinance Further Expanding the List of Sensitive Places; CEQA Status – Exempt Under CEQA Guidelines Section 15061(b)(3).
COUNCIL MEMBER QUESTIONS, COMMENTS, ANNOUNCEMENTS