March 7th, 2022
Call to Order
1. CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATORS City Designated Representatives: City Manager and his Designees Pursuant to Merit System Rules and Regulations (Ed Shikada, Kiely Nose, Rumi Portillo, Sandra Blanch, Nicholas Raisch, Tori Anthony, Molly Stump, and Terence Howzell) Employee Organization: Service Employees International Union, (SEIU) Local 521, Utilities Management and Professional Association of Palo Alto (UMPAPA)Palo Alto Peace Officers’ Association (PAPOA), Palo Alto Police Management Association (PMA), International Association of Fire Fighters (IAFF) local 1319, Palo Alto Fire Chiefs Association (FCA), Management and Professional Employees (MGMT) ; Authority: Government Code Section 54957.6 (a).
Special Orders of the Day
2. Proclamation Honoring Robert S. Hoover
3. Joint Study Session with the Utilities Advisory Commission Regarding SCAP Development and Implementation.
Agenda Changes, and Deletions
4. Adoption of a Resolution Authorizing Use of Teleconferencing for Council Meetings During Covid-19 State of Emergency.
5. Adoption of a Resolution Amending the City’s 2020 Water Shortage Contingency Plan in Compliance With the State Water Resources Control Board’s January 4, 2022 Emergency Water Conservation Regulations and Implementing Stage I of Palo Alto’s Amended 2020 Water Shortage Contingency Plan.
AA1. Discontinuation of Vaccination/Testing Checks at City Meetings
City Manager Comments
6. Parks and Recreation Commission (PRC) recommends that Council Direct Staff and the PRC to Assess and Conduct Public Outreach on a new Community Gymnasium Project in Palo Alto.
7. Colleague’s Memo From Vice Mayor Kou and Mayor Burt: Recognizing Key Dates to Advance Race and Equity.
Council Member Questions, Comments and Announcements