April 11th, 2022
Call to Order
Special Orders of the Day
1. Select Applicants to Interview for the Parks & Recreation Commission
2. Annual Earth Day Report Study Session
Agenda Changes, and Deletions
3. Approval of Contract Number C22181467 with Bureau Veritas Technical Assessments LLC, for an Amount Not to Exceed $359,779 for a City Facility Condition and Electrification Assessment and Use of Brightly Cloud-based Capital Planning Software, Capital Improvement Program Projects (PE-20002 and TE-13004) and Budget Amendments in the Electric Fund and Capital Improvement Fund.
4. Approval of the Economic Recovery Advisory Report as Recommended by the Policy and Services Committee.
5. Adoption of a Resolution Authorizing an Installment Sale Agreement with the California State Water Resource Control Board for Financing of the Design and Construction of the Secondary Treatment Upgrades Project Funded in Wastewater Treatment Enterprise Fund Capital Improvement Program, Project WQ-19001, at the Regional Water Quality Control Plant.
6. Approval of Amendment No. 1 to Professional Services Contract Number S22183902 Teri Black and Company, LLC to Increase the Notto-Exceed Compensation by $180,000 (to $265,000) and to Extend the Term of the Contract to January 2024 for City Wide Executive Recruitments and Approve a Budget Amendment in the General Fund.
7. Approval of Amendment Number 4 to Contract Number C14152163 With Townsend Public Affairs for State Legislative Advocacy to Extend the Term for one Additional Year and add $102,000 for a Total Not-toExceed Amount of $901,000.
8. Easement Vacation at 14244 Amherst Court, Los Altos Hills, CA.
9. SECOND READING: Adoption of an Ordinance Dedicating 0.64 Acres of Land Adjacent to 3350 Birch Street to Become Part of the Boulware Park (FIRST READING: February 10, 2020 PASSED: 7-0).
10. SECOND READING: Adoption of an Interim Ordinance Establishing Objective Urban Lot Split Standards and Further Refinements to SB 9 Development Standards; Authorizing the Public Works Director to Publish Objective Standards Regarding Adjacent Improvements Related to SB 9 Projects; and Direction Regarding Listing Properties Eligible for Historic Status (FIRST READING: March 21, 2022 Council Meeting, MOTION PASSED: 6-0, DuBois absent); Adoption of Resolution Approving Objective Standards for Urban Lot Splits.
City Manager Comments
11. TEFRA HEARING: Regarding Conduit Financing for the Silicon Valley International School Project Located at 151 Laura Lane and 1066 East Meadow Circle, Palo Alto, and Approving the Issuance of a Tax Exempt Loan by the California Municipal Finance Authority for the Purpose of Financing and Refinancing the Acquisition, Construction, Improvement, Equipping and Maintenance of Educational, Support and Administrative Facilities Owned and Operated Within the City by Silicon Valley International School.
12. Public Hearing: Adoption of Ordinance Clarifying Ambiguities in Height Transitions, Adding RMD to the list of Residential Districts and Amending the Setback for the RM-40 Zone District.
13. Review and Approval of Workplans for City Council Committees in 2022.
Council Member Questions, Comments and Announcements
AA1. CONFERENCE WITH CITY ATTORNEY-POTENTIAL LITIGATION Subject: February 1, 2022 letter from the Law Offices of Randal M. Barnum, representing Andrea Jordan, re allegations of harassment, discrimination and retaliation against the Cities Association and member cities Authority: Potential Exposure to Litigation Under Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(2) One Case, as Defendant.