April 17th, 2023
Call to Order
1. CONFERENCE WITH CITY ATTORNEY-EXISTING LITIGATION
California Court of Appeal, Sixth Appellate District, Case No. H049425
Subject: Hamilton and High LLC, et al., Appellants v. City of Palo Alto, et al., Respondents
Authority: Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(1).
2. CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATORS City Designated Representatives: City Manager and his Designees Pursuant to Merit System Rules and Regulations (Ed Shikada, Kiely Nose, Sandra Blanch, Tori Anthony, Molly Stump, and Jennifer Fine) Employee Organization: Service Employees International Union, (SEIU) Local 521, Utilities Management and Professional Association of Palo Alto (UMPAPA), Palo Alto Peace Officers’ Association (PAPOA), Palo Alto Police Management Association (PMA), International Association of Fire Fighters (IAFF) local 1319, Palo Alto Fire Chiefs’ Association (FCA); Authority: Government Code Section 54957.6 (a).
Agenda Changes, Additions and Deletions
5. Finance Committee and the Utilities Advisory Commission Recommend the City Council Approve and Authorize the City Manager or Their Designee to Execute a Third Phase Agreement With Northern California Power Agency for the Purchase of up to 87,600 Megawatt Hours per Year of Geothermal Energy From Calpine Corporation’s Geysers Power Company, LLC Over a Term of up to 12 Years for a Total not to Exceed Amount of $76.2 Million; CEQA status: not a project under CEQA Guidelines sections 15378(a) and (b).
7. Approval of Amendment #3 with Professional Account Management LLC, dba Duncan Solutions Contract (C17164727) in the Amount of $80,000 and to Extend the Contract Term to April 28, 2024 for Parking Citation Management; CEQA Status – Not a Project.
10. Staff Recommends that Council Approve Bringing the Water and Wastewater Rate Proposals to Council on June 19, 2023, Pending Proposition 218 Notifications, for a Public Hearing to Consider Two Resolutions: 1) Approving the Fiscal Year 2024 Wastewater Collection Utility Financial Plan, Proposed Reserve Transfers, and Increasing Wastewater Collection Utility Rates by Amending Wastewater Collection Rate Schedules S-1, S-2, S-6 and S-7; 2) Approving the Fiscal Year 2024 Water Utility Financial Plan, Proposed Reserve Transfers, and Increasing Water Rates by Amending Water Rate Schedules W-1, W-2, W-3, W-4, and W-7; CEQA Status: Not a project under Public Resources Code 15378(b)(5).
11. Adoption of a Memorandum of Agreement with the Palo Alto Police Officers’ Association and the Police Management Association; Adopt an Amendment to correct the Fire Chiefs‘ Association salary schedules; and, Adopt revised Management and Professional salary schedules CEQA Status – Not a project.
12. Approval of a Funding Agreement with the Santa Clara Valley Water District for Reimbursement Costs Incurred in Support of the Purified Water Project, and a Budget Amendment in the Wastewater Treatment Fund Advanced Water Purification Facility capital project (WQ-19003).
AA1. Adoption of a Resolution Authorizing the City Manager to Execute Participation Agreements on Behalf of the City of Palo Alto to Enter Into Settlement Agreements Regarding Manufacture and Distribution of Opioid Products with Allergan Finance, LLC and related entities (Allergan), Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. and related entities (Teva); Walgreens Co.; CVS Health Corporation and CVS Pharmacy, Inc. (CVS), and Walmart, Inc.; Agree to the Terms of the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) Allocating Settlement Proceeds; and Authorize Entry Into the MOU with the California Attorney General.
City Manager Comments
14. PUBLIC HEARING: Adoption of a Resolution Approving the Fiscal Year 2024 Gas Utility Financial Plan, Including Proposed Reserve and General Fund Transfers and Amending the Gas Utility Reserve Management Practices, and Increasing Gas Rates by Amending Rate Schedules G-1 (Residential Gas Service), G-2 (Residential Master-Metered and Commercial Gas Service), G-3 (Large Commercial Gas Service), and G-10 (Compressed Natural Gas Service); CEQA status: exempt/not a project under Public Resources Code section 21080(b)(8).
15. PUBLIC HEARING: Adoption of a Resolution Approving the Fiscal Year 2024 Electric Utility Financial Plan and Proposed Reserve Transfers, Deactivating Utility Rate Schedule E‐HRA, and Amending Utility Rate Schedules E‐1, E‐2, E‐2‐G, E‐ 4, E‐4‐G, E‐4 TOU, E‐7, E‐7‐G, E‐7 TOU, E‐NSE, and E‐EEC; CEQA Status: Not a project under Public Resources Code 15378(b)(5) and exempt under Public Resources Code 15273(a).
COUNCIL MEMBER QUESTIONS, COMMENTS, ANNOUNCEMENTS