April 18th, 2022
Call to Order
1. Joint Study Session with Palo Alto Youth Council
Agenda Changes, and Deletions
2. Approve Minutes from the April 04, 2022 City Council Meeting
3. Adoption of an Ordinance Amending Existing Palo Alto Municipal Code Chapter 5.30, Disposable Foodware Items and Other Disposable Products, to Comply with California Assembly Bill 1276 (Single-Use Foodware Accessories and Standard Condiments) Requiring Additional Restrictions on the Use of Disposable Foodware and Condiments.
4. Approval of Amendment Number 1 to Contract Number C18169357 With Van Scoyoc Associates, Inc. for Federal Legislative Advocacy to Extend the Term for one Additional Year and add $82,800 for a Total Not-to-Exceed Amount of $414,000.
5. Approval of the Appointment of Sandra Blanch as Human Resources Director.
City Manager Comments
6. Policy and Services Committee, City Auditor and Staff Recommend Approval of the Power Purchase Agreement Audit Report.
7. Approval of Supplement Agreement No. 1 to the Master Funding Agreement Between the City of Palo Alto and the Metropolitan Transportation Commission for $800,000 in Priority Development Area Planning Grant Funds to Prepare a Downtown Housing Plan; Approve Budget Amendments in the General Fund; and to Initiate the Plan Process for a Sub-Area of the Downtown Priority Development Area. Environmental Assessment: Exempt Under CEQA Guidelines Sections 15061(b)(3) and 15262.
8. Revenue-Generating Ballot Measures for Fall 2022: Discuss 2nd-Round Polling Results and Feedback from Community and Stakeholder Engagement Activities; Review and Provide Staff Direction on Finance Committee Recommended Refined Parameters for a Business License Tax and an Affirmation of the Gas General Fund Transfer; and Provide Direction to Staff on Next Steps Including Launch of Third Poll, and Council’s Non-Binding Intentions for Allocation of Potential Proceeds. Supplemental Information Added. – CONTINUED TO APRIL 25, 2022
Council Member Questions, Comments and Announcements